X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, been a looooong time!
    Chris

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work. Now I need to try to resurrect all of my photobucket pics on another hosting site.
      1987 Red Cabriolet no clipper
      1998 Black Jetta GT
      Something that takes diesel... soon to be revealed

Comment

Originally posted by meijerbrantm View Post
        I had to do some goofy things in order to get the forums to upgrade and what not so please report any issues if you see any and I?ll try to address them.
        thanks for getting it going!

apostrophes in (some?) new posts are showing as question marks. at first I thought you made a typo but then it happened in one of my posts.
        Mike
        2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

Comment

Originally posted by youngm7 View Post

thanks for getting it going!

apostrophes in (some?) new posts are showing as question marks. at first I thought you made a typo but then it happened in one of my posts.
          It appears to be an artifact of "smart punctuation" from the iPhone. Looking online people have the issue a lot. I turned it off on my phone and tested it and it seems to have cured my problem. Wonder if everyone else is on le iPhones? '`
          90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
          08 VW Touareg - VR6
          14 Audi A7 - TDI
          17 Audi allroad

Comment

Awesome. Just getting back into VWS again. Glad MIVE is back. How many old school MIVE'rs are still on the boards?? I know of a few.
            Ty
            1984 Jetta GLI (SOLD)
            1992 VW Passat 2.0L 16V (SOLD)
            1991 VW GTI (SOLD)
            " We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence, Then is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle

Comment

Stellar. Glad it's back.
              Ty
              1984 Jetta GLI (SOLD)
              1992 VW Passat 2.0L 16V (SOLD)
              1991 VW GTI (SOLD)
              " We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence, Then is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle

Comment

Great job and thanks to those responsible for resurecting the site!
                Now how can i donate?
                Michael
                I feel a lot more like I do right now than I did when I got here.
                1975 Scirocco / 2002 Forester / 1987 Cabby "Project Vertigloo"

Comment

Cool you got it back up and running. Now could you fix it so my email address doesn't get a notification on every post that everyone makes? I'd do it, but it appears I don't have admin permissions (which is fine). At one point, I had set up to get notifications anytime someone posted in specific forums like "Glitch in the matrix". Also, in the config file my number (16 I think it was) should be removed from the list if you haven't already.
                  Tony | 92' GTI 1.8T | 12' Fiat 500 | 09' Black Jack | 10' Cube
                  I came here to drink my milk, & kick some ass, & I'm all done with my milk - Moss

Comment

Ah, everything is right with the universe again. Big thanks to Brian and John for getting it back online. So glad this didn't fade away.
                    Ben Zeeuw
                    1981 Rabbit Racer
                    1998 Audi Avant Grocery Getter
                    www.germanautoltd.com

Comment

Very cool guys. Thanks Jon for all your hard work getting this up and running. The great news is, that I can access this from work; so I can start wasting time on here like its 2008 all over again! Hahaha! I guess I should update my 911 build thread........hmmmmm.
                      A big Ford 4x4, a Deeeeezle BMW and a air cooled flat six
                      PCA# 2014080243

Comment

Originally posted by eatworksleepdie View Post
                        Cool you got it back up and running. Now could you fix it so my email address doesn't get a notification on every post that everyone makes? I'd do it, but it appears I don't have admin permissions (which is fine). At one point, I had set up to get notifications anytime someone posted in specific forums like "Glitch in the matrix". Also, in the config file my number (16 I think it was) should be removed from the list if you haven't already.
                        I found the setting and removed it I think. I removed everyone from Admin roles just for the sake of the fresh install and making sure there wasn't anything going on with someones account that allowed the malicious code to be injected. The config has been completely replaced due to new versions so you're not in that either.

90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
                        08 VW Touareg - VR6
                        14 Audi A7 - TDI
                        17 Audi allroad

Comment

Originally posted by finky View Post
                          Thanks for all the hard work. Now I need to try to resurrect all of my photobucket pics on another hosting site.
                          I'd recommend this add-on too. Not sure if it works on the mobile apps but I've had no problems viewing old Photobucket links on my desktop.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...fixer/?src=api
                          Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon
                          -Noah
                          '95 Wolfsburg Cabrio, '90 Wolfsburg Jetta.
                          Apprentice Shimologist.
                          "Everybody should drive a Mini; everyone should own a Mini at some point or you are incomplete as a human being." -James May

Comment

Originally posted by NFettig View Post

I'd recommend this add-on too. Not sure if it works on the mobile apps but I've had no problems viewing old Photobucket links on my desktop.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...fixer/?src=api
                            Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon
                            Hey that works well, not sure what I'll do for mobile, but it fixed the problem on the desktop version.

Comment

Thanks to all who put in work to make this happen!
                              -Luke
                              '83 GTI, '05 1.8t Jetta Wagon, '10 JSW 2.5 (hers)

Comment

Great to see it back, thanks to all the efforts that worked it out.
                                If voting could really change things, the government would likely make it illegal.

Comment

Working...
                                X