A reintroduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reintroduction

It's been a good while since the forums were up and much has changed since they last were, so I want to take a brief moment to "introduce" myself -again. I joined in 2005 when my first Scirocco proved to be well more than I could handle on my own. I was 25 but still new to working on cars and had never owned a VW before. I can't remember who and where but I was referred to this group for advice and I cannot express my gratitude for the years of help; not just with cars.

Fast forward 13 years, I no longer have a VW but still have a love for them; my wallet has different feelings on the matter though. I am now a medically retired, disabled Army combat veteran; which in simple English means I get to be a stay-at-home parent to my 4 kids while I work through some disabilities I incurred during my time on active duty. In 2014 my wife and I were lucky enough to find a house on the NW side of GR with a 2 stall attached garage (that is now heated and cooled), and an acre of land for our kids to play on. I hope to host several MIVE BBQ's and/or garage days as I get to re-know the group.

As for what I drive, I have a 2016 Kia Forte 5 LX that I bought out of need more than want and really just thought I was going to be getting a basic A-B car, but have been very surprised with it, not just for a Kia. I'm planning on starting a "member project" thread for that though so I won't go in to much detail here.

If you're in the GR area, introduce yourself here, I'd like to get to know more of the MIVE community again. Hopefully I'll see you all around as show season kicks back off.

Oh yeah, I'm Jesse, totally forgot to include that; it doesn't help to "reintroduce" myself if I don't say who I am, and I think that right there sums me up in one little sentence lol
    Last edited by jcpahman77; 04-29-2018, 03:47 PM.

Hi
    -Nick V-
    Current: '88 Golf GL 2.0 16V / '82 Caddy Diesel
    Favorite Past Dubs: '92 Corrado VR6, '99.5 APR Stg.3 A4, '91 GTI 8V, '81 Rabbit Truck,

Comment

Originally posted by xflowgolf View Post
      Hi
      Sup Nick

Comment

Hey there. I remember your screen name from back in the day along with Nick. MIVE Members helped me and taught me alot when I first joined back in 04 or 05.
        Ty
        1984 Jetta GLI (SOLD)
        1992 VW Passat 2.0L 16V (SOLD)
        1991 VW GTI (SOLD)
        " We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence, Then is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aristotle99 View Post
          Hey there. I remember your screen name from back in the day along with Nick. MIVE Members helped me and taught me alot when I first joined back in 04 or 05.
          Ditto, plus Aristotle has some of my favorite quotes, so your s/n was always easy to remember. Didn't you have a black mkii Jetta? Not the black pearl but maybe the black pearl lol my memory isn't so great anymore.

Comment

Yes, I had the Black Pearl. I tried uploading a pic but wouldn't go. Glad it's back
            Ty
            1984 Jetta GLI (SOLD)
            1992 VW Passat 2.0L 16V (SOLD)
            1991 VW GTI (SOLD)
            " We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence, Then is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle

Comment

I see it now. It'll likely be a while before I'm back in a VW but I'll always be a MIVEr.

Comment

Similar boat, OG with no VW currently. Things came up, life gets in the way, you know. I'd love to find another late MkII or 1st Gen rocco at some point in the future. Wifey wants a Ghia, and I'd be okay with that.
                If voting could really change things, the government would likely make it illegal.

Comment

Hey! Glad to be back on this again. Been too long and I'm not always able to keep up to the Facebook posts. I do still drive the Corrado and my wife still loves driving her mk2 GTI. Also have a B3 passat Wagon and a coupe I'm trying to put together. New threads and builds to be posted soon. Glad to read most members that are hardcore are still on here.
                  Dave

Mk2 issues got you down? Got a question? PM me, and i'll try and help you out for what I can.

Comment

Working...
                  X