TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow myself to (re)introduce....... myself...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to (re)introduce....... myself...

Although I have been around for a bit, I officially took a step back into VW ownership early this morning.

Picked up a 1998 Cabrio for my daughter to drive while home from school this summer. Although something tells me that she may have more access to my 2008 Jeep Liberty than originally planned after I got behind the wheel this morning.

Great little car. Many small rust spots to work out along with a LOT of little things that had been neglected:

- Brakes are a little wobbly (hope it's just pads)
    - Airbag light is on
    - Muffler needs to be secured better (vibration sound at high RPM)
    - Shift could be a little looser/smoother

Running well though. Be on the lookout for my upcoming WTB thread chronicling all of the little plasticky bits that need replacing (along with either two matching hubcaps OR a full set of 14 inchers).
    2015 BMW 435i
    2013 BMW F800r
    2004 BMW z4

welcome!! (again)
    Tornado red, yes it will blow you away
    96 Golf GL

Comment

Re-welcome.

Good luck with getting the little Cabrio problems figured out. It sounds like a cool car for a daughter to have home from school for the summer. Hopefully you can bring it to a GTG or two when she doesn't have it.
      - Jason
      2007 Rabbit 2.5
      1966 Ford Econoline Van
      1997 GTi VR6 - sold
      1982 Rabbit Pick Up LX - sold

Comment

Thanks man. I plan on coming to a GTG or two.

The day I sold my last VW was the day I saw 50 VW's flying down 696. I was pissed I couldn't join in!

Are there still MIVE Stickers anywhere? Love to toss one on the new car.
        2015 BMW 435i
        2013 BMW F800r
        2004 BMW z4

Comment

Working...
        X