Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Detroit Metro

Hi all,

Found out about the site via an invite to the track day May 8th, and as chance would have it, I am taking delivery of a 2015 GTI S w/ Perf. Pack. tomorrow. The GTI should hopefully serve me well as a DD, as I am commuting ~70 miles/day up to CTC acting as a resident engineer.

The GTI will be my first VW, my first hatchback, and my first new car. Should be fun. We will see once I start throwing it around, but the stability control might prove to be annoying.

The other toys in the stable include a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere w/ 493" big block, a Triumph Sprint ST, and a GSXR 750.

Cheers
    Dave

Hi Dave..see you on the 8th!
    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

Very cool! Stop by N2001 and look for Andres Valbuena!
      APR, Autotech CAI, with some BBS RC's

Comment

Welcome! What out of the stable are you bringing to the track?
        A big Ford 4x4, a Deeeeezle BMW and a air cooled flat six
        PCA# 2014080243

Comment

Originally posted by MillerMav View Post
          Welcome! What out of the stable are you bringing to the track?
          The Plymouth goes to a different track, but it's only really efficient is a straight line.

The GSXR goes well enough around turns, but 2 wheels are a no-go at Waterford. Same applies for the Triumph.

So that leaves the GTI...which should be fun. I'm pretty sure a track day is a good break-in procedure.

Comment

nice
            Your friend Raven
            92 Corrado VR6t
            05 Audi A6
            90 Miata (because racecar)

Comment

Welcome!
              Bad decisions make excellent stories.

Brian

Comment

Welcome

Pics are a must

Comment

Obligatory crappy cell phone pic...have a whopping 300 miles on it now.

Came with Potenza S001's, which seem great so far even in the cold, but entertaining the idea of 17's with some all seasons to smooth out the ride a bit.

Comment

My dad works out there too, but from what I've been told is that there's a decent bunch of VW driving guys that work out there though....one has a black MK7 GTI too & he's on here (Rene)

Comment

Welcome
                      --paul--
                      MKV R32, 78' Suns Out Guns Out, 81' Caddy,
                      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, Failure--Rollin on 20's

Comment

I'm also out at CTC (N3000) from time to time. Interested to see what 17s you pick up for winter. I was looking at some Sparcos that are on clearance on Tire Rack.

Comment

Not trying to threadjack but I know a guy selling some winter 17's that would work and look great on a MK7 GTI.
                          Mike
                          2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)
                          :beer:

Comment

Ended up picking these up from a member with tires already

I have a pic on the car, just not here at the moment. Don't look great, but the price was right.

What 17's does he have? I am still keeping an eye out on 17's to rock every day to try to take the edge off these wonderful roads we have in MI

Comment

Sorry I should have been more obvious that I was talking about myself. Here's the FS thread: http://michiganvw.org/forum/showthre...45-17-Blizzaks

They have blizzaks so obviously not something you'd want to rock in July. I noticed after I posted that you were looking for all seasons.
                              Mike
                              2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)
                              :beer:

Comment

Working...
                              X