X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moverweg
    replied
    Originally posted by moverweg View Post
    Nope. Never had a problem on the street even if flogging on the expressway, only at track. I've heard that the lower radiator hose can collapse and restrict flow at highway speeds or overflow tank cap could be bad. So I replaced both and have to test at a track again. With the overflow tank cap off it seams to have great return coolant flow and when I rev it it really cranks up the pressure through the return line and sprays hard. I'm assuming the water pump is fine but I could be wrong. The jury is out.

Come to think of it, the rubber o ring on the old cap was quite flat where the new one was round as it should be. Radiator hoses felt like they had good pressure when up to temp though with the old cap. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    replied
    Originally posted by joezeeuw View Post
    And no overheating?

Nope. Never had a problem on the street even if flogging on the expressway, only at track. I've heard that the lower radiator hose can collapse and restrict flow at highway speeds or overflow tank cap could be bad. So I replaced both and have to test at a track again. With the overflow tank cap off it seams to have great return coolant flow and when I rev it it really cranks up the pressure through the return line and sprays hard. I'm assuming the water pump is fine but I could be wrong. The jury is out.

Leave a comment:

• joezeeuw
    replied
    And no overheating?

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied
    Nice..time for front mount and more boost!

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    replied
    [IMG][/IMG]

The results are in. This is with no intercooler, about 6 to 7 pounds of boost and a 2 1/2" exhaust. I'm happy. :bigthumb:

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    replied
    Originally posted by n0ftInc View Post
    Place in Nunica..? The one in that guy's barn?

Wow, I'd love a barn like Bakers. Haha

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    replied
    Originally posted by zeeuwvw View Post
    What happened to the place in Nunica?

I'm still scheduled for Baker on June 4 @ 8am yet. I was checking to see if there was a closer location also looking for advise as to who has the better setup. I've heard some are more accurate or realistic than others. I'm sure Baker is fine, just a little drive out. By the way, they charge $100 for 2 pulls. Also, on a side note, I replaced the lower radiator hose and the overflow tank cap. If lower hose was collapsing or bad cap could contribute to my overheating issue at the track. Hmm. Now to test.

Leave a comment:

• zeeuwvw
    replied
    Matt? Oh yeah, I called there a while back and they didn't have any interest in tuning MS. Not sure what they would charge for some pulls..
    Yeah, they didn't go any tuning. Just some power pulls and logging of A/F.

Mike as in the guy who started this thread. Not Matt.

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied
    Matt? Oh yeah, I called there a while back and they didn't have any interest in tuning MS. Not sure what they would charge for some pulls..

Leave a comment:

• zeeuwvw
    replied
    Nope, this place http://www.bakerengineeringinc.com/

I went there with my Corrado years ago. Mike was talking about going there.

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zeeuwvw
    replied
    What happened to the place in Nunica?

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    replied
    Are you looking for power pulls or wideband/tuning..? C-Tech on Chicago Drive should be able to help.

Thnx for the advice. Just looking for a power pull to see what the VRt can do after having the turbo installed. More curious than anything. The seat of the pants test tells me it has quite a kick.

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied
    Are you looking for power pulls or wideband/tuning..? C-Tech on Chicago Drive should be able to help.

Leave a comment:

• moverweg
    started a topic Dyno Shops in GR

Dyno Shops in GR

Anyone know of a good dyno shop around the Grand Rapids area? Thnx in advance.
Working...
X