Got my first European Car Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first European Car Magazine

Last month a guy I work with told me that they were getting rid of Euro Tuner, which made me very upset. And for anyone that doesn't know, the publisher is replacing any subscriptions with European Car. Well, got my first issue yesterday. Well, I miss Euro Tuner already. I don't really want to read a bunch of stories about cars that I am gonna ever be able to afford! Don't get me wrong, the cars are nice, but I much rather read about the regular Euros. It sucks that there are no other American Euro car magazines on the market. Maybe we can start a petition to bring it back on change.org?
    05 A4 1.8T 6sp-my new toy!
    02 W8 Variant-gone and forgotten
    01 A4 1.8T-gone but not forgotten

Eurotuner was a decent budget magazine. It was way better when it was Max Power though. Either way, it's never coming back. With so many internet 'zines, and forums and things like "stanceworks" article/feature based sites starting up, magazines are being phased out. If you want a nice VW print rag, get Performance VW at about $10 a pop.
    Matt
    DCC #0
    ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Must be old school, but I prefer a mag. Performance VW is nice, but there is only VW in it. I want to see Audis and everyone else too

Comment

Performance VW has audis too I have an issue right here with an Audi TT and a desert camo S3. Just hard to talk myself into spending $10 on it.
        1993 100 Avant quattro gone but will be remembered fondly.
        2001 S4 Gone.

2009 BMW 135i A traitor in VAG land..

Comment

PVW rocks! The cost is high but worth it..... If you can find the current issue anywhere lol. Most places that do carry it are usually a month or even two behind with their current issues. Although I agree with tommygunns that having a physical mag is the best but I have been getting my PVW issues online. Their half the price and you can get the new issue when it comes out :D

Comment

To be fair, European Car and ET seem to have always had separate target markets. Am I displeased with this change over? Yes. I feel the same way as the OP.

If they can successfully blend the two scenes together in one rag I'll re-up my subscription, but as it stands I'm not going to.

Comment

thats what I hope

Comment

I dumped my subscription to European car a few years ago, after getting it since it was called VW & Porsche, for that exact reason.
                It's like that...and that's the way it is...Huh!!
                79 MK1 Scirocco
                80 MK1 S Scirocco
                70 Triumph GT6+
                67 MK1 Austin Mini

Comment

this months look more promising. The editor from Eurotuner is now at European Car, and he said they were going to melt the two together.

Comment

We'll see what happens...

Comment

This month had a B5 S4, and a mk6 Golf TDI

Comment

Lets write our own or make our website :))))
                        2008 vw gti 4dr 1997 vw gti Sold 1981 rabbit 2dr diesel Sold 05 mustang gt - sold 03 gti 1.8t - sold 1995 vw golf Sold
                        2009 Yamaha r6 pearl white special edition - sold
                        1991 Yamaha FZR 600R Sold

Comment

I really like vw per but the 10 a month is so pricey. I tried reading it on my ipad and its just not the same either... I guess cringing about the price and still buying it is all I can do. Plus I love putting the posters up at work and listening to all the american muscle guys bag on the "tiny engines" :werd:
                          MKIII Getta 2.slow(sold), Audi A4 B5 2.8(deer), 1990 Corrado VR6 swap(sold), MKIV Jetta VR6 (sold) MKtree GTI VRT, B7 S-line avant 2.0t

Comment

any recommendations for cheap/free euro mags?

Comment

Probably the cheapest would be European Car. Its actually better then it was before. I think euro tuner is free online.

Comment

Working...
                              X