X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A milestone for me!

Just rebuilt my 600th cylinder head, Porsche 911, 930 and 964's

That's 100 engines

This set is going back to Canada, have sent heads to Singapore and Finland too over the years.

Mmm..
    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

shinayy
      ~Jake

Comment

#612 lot of people rebuilding this winter! I must be too cheap?

Comment

Sounds like ur price point is just right if you're getting that much work. It's obvious you know what you're doing Craig.
          ~Jake

Comment

very cool.

Comment

Wouldn't 600 heads = 300 engines?
              Either way, that's damn cool...

Originally posted by cgarr View Post
              Just rebuilt my 600th cylinder head, Porsche 911, 930 and 964's

That's 100 engines

This set is going back to Canada, have sent heads to Singapore and Finland too over the years.

*edit: now that i see the larger photo, those are individual cylinder heads aren't they? Disregard my previous transmission...
              -Matt | flickr
              2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T 5M
              Faith, Hope, and Love

Comment

Well now they got me porting late model 3.0 heads to the early 38mm intake spec. At least it's something different.

Comment

Worst set I ever worked on, normally the seats are good, not this one and the sealing surfaces are toast! All done like new again:

Comment

Another new customer sent me a set of 3.0 heads from Bahrain, you all know about Bahrain don't you? He said no one there knows what they are doing and usually just throw the cars away and buy new lol

Comment

seems like a really nice complement, congrats.
                      Your friend Raven
                      92 Corrado VR6t
                      05 Audi A6
                      90 Miata (because racecar)

Comment

I sure get some real shit in to work on! Before and after.

Comment

Nice!

Looking through this thread makes it really hard to not get my heads done. But I am being patient and putting off any engine work for hopefully a couple years!
                          A big Ford 4x4, a Deeeeezle BMW and a air cooled flat six
                          PCA# 2014080243

Comment

If your not using a lot of oil no need to do them. I have a friend who's has 180k and no oil use yet.

Most time people get the heads done because they are doing something else to the motor and already have it apart so why not at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by cgarr View Post
                              If your not using a lot of oil no need to do them. I have a friend who's has 180k and no oil use yet.

Most time people get the heads done because they are doing something else to the motor and already have it apart so why not at that point.
                              Oil leakage? Yes.....Oil usage? No; not really. I am not going to jump on it anytime soon but those heads are so pretty it makes it hard to resist.
                              A big Ford 4x4, a Deeeeezle BMW and a air cooled flat six
                              PCA# 2014080243

Comment

Working...
                              X