New (to me) B6 A4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (to me) B6 A4

My friend moved out of the country and thus had to sell his car, a 2003 B6 A4 1.8TQM. I had a B5 2.8QM before the MKIV R32 I just sold, and so I figured this A4 would make a nice R32 replacement. It has 174,000 miles and has been wrecked at least once previously, so I got it for a deal.

Here's how it looked when I got it two weeks ago:

The first thing I did was PlastiDip the grille, including the badge. I think I'll be taking it off the badge, too much black. No pictures of just this, so we move on.

Next up was the radio. I installed a Pioneer AVH-2400BT in place of the Symphony II because I wanted something with built in BT streaming. No installed pictures, but here's a stock photo:

Next, I bought wheels from Vince at Radical Z. Highly recommended, wheels appear to be high quality and come at a great price with great service. Here's how they look installed, that happened today.

They're TTRS reps, 18x8 et 45. 15mm spacers on the rear, nothing in the front for right now. Tires are 235/35/18 Conti ExtremeContact DWS. Tire rack had a pretty sweet sale on the size, that was my deciding factor.

Next up are coils, those have been ordered from Germany and will hopefully be ready for install in two weeks. Not really sure what I'll do after that, probably a tune and then just enjoy from there.

Thanks for looking, feedback/suggestions welcome. I will update as appropriate.
    Mike
    2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

Looks good man. Will look extra good when you get your drop!
    05 A4 1.8T 6sp-my new toy!
    02 W8 Variant-gone and forgotten
    01 A4 1.8T-gone but not forgotten

Comment

Love the TTRS wheels! Nice pick up.
      2000 TT quattro: work in progress

5000 turbo quattro

1999 A6 quattro

Comment

Wheels look a little off now.. probably because of the ride height. I'm sure it'll be dope once dropped.

Still sad I couldn't afford your R haha.
        '04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
        '04 VW R32T

Comment

Wheels look really good.
          2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium - Performance White 6M
          Mods - GT500 axle back mufflers - Brembo Track Pack wheels

Comment

very nice!
            -Nick V-
            Current: '88 Golf GL 2.0 16V / '82 Caddy Diesel
            Favorite Past Dubs: '92 Corrado VR6, '99.5 APR Stg.3 A4, '91 GTI 8V, '81 Rabbit Truck,

Comment

Nice mods so far.

Do you want to sell your stock radio? Do you have a code for it?
              WTT: 17" Goals for ? http://michiganvw.org/forum/showthre...015#post943015

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The wheels really look better than I expected. I think it will be really great when I get the coils on. They shipped from Munich today, I have no idea how long that will take.

Originally posted by eye4speed View Post
                Nice mods so far.

Do you want to sell your stock radio? Do you have a code for it?
                PM sent.
                Mike

Comment

If your going to lower it on coils u should look into getting JOM coils, That's what i run and they ride amazing.
                  Derek--- 2006 Audi a4 2.0T Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by dboxb7 View Post
                    If your going to lower it on coils u should look into getting JOM coils, That's what i run and they ride amazing.
                    Ha! It's funny you say that, I got a big yellow and blue box from the fatherland on Wednesday that happened to be full of JOM coils. Maybe I'll get them installed this weekend.
                    Mike

Comment

I love the wheels but I agree that something seems a bit off and it probably is the ride height. Are you planning on lowering it?
                      2012 Golf R 4dr Base Rising Blue (Took Delivery 3.27.12)

Comment

Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
                        Ha! It's funny you say that, I got a big yellow and blue box from the fatherland on Wednesday that happened to be full of JOM coils. Maybe I'll get them installed this weekend.

Nice, and may i also suggest running no purges in the rear, the purge is the blue round piece that treads on the piece with the male treads, no purge=more low
                        Derek--- 2006 Audi a4 2.0T Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
                          Thanks for the compliments. The wheels really look better than I expected. I think it will be really great when I get the coils on. They shipped from Munich today, I have no idea how long that will take.

PM sent.
                          Did the stock radio sale happen? If not, I'd be interested. LMK, thx

Comment

Working...
                          X