New Guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy...

Hi, my name is Josh. i live in Cincinnati Ohio but my father lives in michigan. im not sure exactly where but its pretty close to the state line. im planning on coming up there to visit my father sometime soon and i would like to peep the VW scene up there.

i myself have a 1992 corrado SLC which is undergoing a massive reconstruction. im doing as much as i can myself to cut down on cost and to get more experience. im shaving the engine bay, putting a turbo kit on it and some extensive bodywork. should be a monster when im done. pretty soon i will be starting a write up on my hometown site. i can foward it to here.

look forward to meeting some of ya'll in the future...

sounds like an awesome project, give us some more details!
    -1998- BMW M3 5 speed 4DR, ~80k miles, Cosmos Black, Rotrex C38 Build Underway -1975- TVR 2500M -1991- GTi - VR6 swap, GT35 will never be finished project - 2006 - Lexus RX400H -1995- Saab 900se V6 Convertible, collecting dust
    -Farfegnugen -n., A speed-induced euphoric state in which the driver of an automobile believes he/she is moving at sufficient rate to leave all troubles behind.

Comment

WOOT WOOT! Another corrado project in the makings. Welcome to MIVE.
      $tuckelini

01 Mercedes Benz S430
      89 Blue Star Vanagon

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Welcome to Mive.
          Ty
          1984 Jetta GLI (SOLD)
          1992 VW Passat 2.0L 16V (SOLD)
          1991 VW GTI (SOLD)
          " We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence, Then is not an act, but a habit. " Aristotle

Comment

Welcome to MIVE. Show us your project when you can;-)

Comment

Welcome to the club! :)
              - Jason
              2007 Rabbit 2.5
              1966 Ford Econoline Van
              1997 GTi VR6 - sold
              1982 Rabbit Pick Up LX - sold

Comment

will do. im just trying to stock up on some parts first so i can just document it all at once instead of having a few months of no activity cause i need money. i was tossing the twin turbo idea around for about 3 days till hpa quoted 28.5k for their setup. no thanks. im not bill gates and cant poop $100 bills. it'll most likely just be a single turbo with a possible twin SMIC setup pushing about 350whp. hopefully. i just ordered some stuff for the front suspension, and i should be getting patec coilovers within a month. just gotta stock up on some parts first before i go posting pictures having everyone waiting and waiting.

-Josh

Comment

Grandpa stylz ftw man we love a good slow long build. Ben, Matt, anyone else wanna weigh in on this one?

Comment

well you already started talking about it, might was well post some pics up

Comment

Heck at least give us an exterior pic of the car, no kittens let out of any bags that way. We crave photos man.

Comment

when i bought my rado it looked like this...

about a month after i bought it...

then i got creative with a chalkboard hood...

then...SMS1

then...SMS2

so thats why i decided to take it apart and start my project.

Comment

I had a transaxle like that.
                          -Troy

Comment

What's up Josh. I wish you would have had your trans probllem earlier. I dropped it off a Dubwerx to have them check it out. There was nothing wrong with it, so it was going to be $300 to have them put it back together. I had already bought a "new" one for $450, so I just left it with them. Check with Ryan, it's still there.
                            Bad decisions make excellent stories.

Brian

Comment

well even still. all i need is a gearbox with 4th and 5th. im puttin racing gears 1-3 and all new sychros. not to mention a peloquin. so all i really need is a new bellhousing

Comment

Working...
                              X