Bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus

I opened the door at the storage unit for my car for the 1st time in nearly 2 yrs. The front tires are sittin' pretty low and it's covered in dust. The tires, I expected to be low but the amount of dust was...well shameful. Grabbed some bottled water and a blanket out of my truck and cleaned her up a bit. The leather interior hasn't changed one bit. I tried to remove the battery but the locking bolt had siezed up plus I didn't have the proper tools.

I pondered if there was any juice in the battery or not...Hooked the negative cable up, saw a spark and the horn chirped. Got in and the car started up immediately. Nice!!! Listened to the sound of the supercharger, engaged the car and moved it forward & backward a few inches.

Tomorrow, I think I'll try and put some air in the tires. I gotta look for that fuel leak in the back, it's probably a fitting at the fuel pump or something...
    I left the blanket on the windshield & roof and disconnected the battery but I'll be back to see her real soon...
    Steve - Life is to short too drink bad beer.
    Words to live by: Whatever you do or dream you can do. You can. Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it. - Goethe

AWESOME dude..was wondering to what ever happened to that beaut!
    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

thanks man. I get a lot of inquires about that car.

I saw some green coolant on the dipstick, I should be able to have some more fun b4 the life runs out of it. I have another used vr6 engine in SEA's warehouse that still needs to be modified before the swap in upcoming years.

I'm glad I put her in storage vs. sitting out in the elements for 2 yrs. Experiencing the car start up on the first try makes all those monthly payments just disappear.
      Words to live by: Whatever you do or dream you can do. You can. Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it. - Goethe

Comment

Awsome man, go drive that sucker!
        Ben Zeeuw
        1981 Rabbit Racer
        1998 Audi Avant Grocery Getter
        www.germanautoltd.com

Comment

drat. tried to post via my mobile but it didn't come thru. just got back from the garage. put air in the front tires with my truck, but I had to use the jetta's battery just to get the tires to 26 psi then I started her up, looked underneath for leaks then pulled her out.

While out & idling. idle was rough but then smoothed out as expected...the only problem is that after a minute or so of idling the fuel leak began pouring out. Shut her off and observed. The leak is above the left hand fuel tank strap and comes out from the front and rear. which leaks me to believe that I'm screwed until I can get this fixed first. There's 3/4 tank of 94 octane in it. Pulled the inside trunk matting out and nothing on the inside. Cracked tank or hose?

I'm all ears.

Comment

did you pull the metal cover off to look at the pump and lines?
            Ben Zeeuw
            1981 Rabbit Racer
            1998 Audi Avant Grocery Getter
            www.germanautoltd.com

Comment

not yet. All I had was a flat head screwdriver for some odd reason on me, didn't want to mess with it then. I looked in my bentley book for the picture. Will I be able to see the breather hoses and all that jazz or just the pump, 2 hoses & the electrical connector. I'm intrigued to solve this issue.

Comment

What car is this?
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Comment

yeah us noobs need pics!
                  '81 Rabbit Pickup
                  '03 Audi TT

<--- the paper says "despite all my rage"
                  Always one rusted rounded off bolt away from success

Comment

for the noobs: check this thread out. my pics are still active on page 6...

http://www.michiganvw.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10453

:wavey:

Comment

damn noobs....let's go kill a 2010 Mustang GT this time
                      '98 Beetle: PURPLE ---'03 Jetta TDI: my new daily --'01 GTI VR6: my new toy --'75 CB550F: Cafe Frankenbike ---'82 XV920: The Cruiser ---'99 Ninja 250 ---'00 KLR685

Comment

I offered rides to people at work and most are too scared to ride in the jetta. lol. I drive fast or something

Comment

What happened to this thing? How come its been in storage?
                          98 Jetta GLX

92 Corrado SLC

76 CB750F

Comment

bills, bills, bills....

Comment

Originally posted by vr6need4speed View Post
                              for the noobs: check this thread out. my pics are still active on page 6...

http://www.michiganvw.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10453

:wavey:
                              Jesus. :bowdown: That must be a blast.
                              2013 BMW 128i M sport

Comment

Working...
                              X