No announcement yet.

Project Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bit of progress done this weekend.
    Engine bay wiring is complete, just need to do some tidying up and loom the parts that come in contact with the car.

Did some modifying of the MKIV valve cover to clean it up a bit.

shot of the final relocation bracket for the actuator on the charger

Lots to do yet. Cleaning, painting, final assembly. Looks like we're on track!
    Bad decisions make excellent stories.

Brian

Comment

• ..this thread blows.
      '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
      >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
      Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

• i'm impressed you got so much done on Sunday. good work!
        Your friend Raven
        92 Corrado VR6t
        05 Audi A6
        90 Miata (because racecar)

Comment

• I really wish I had a garage to work on my own cars :(
          90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
          08 VW Touareg - VR6

Comment

• omg i cant wait to see it!

83 GT
            i
            04 WRX Wagon

Comment

• looking good Brian, let me know how that tube works for the intake and we can build something nice :highfive:
              [email protected]
              '91 Jetta 3.2L RWD (in progress) '04 .:R32 Turbo (daily)
              '94 URS4 on Bags (daily) '02 F250 diesel (everything transport)

http://btekfabrication.com/

Comment

• I love this thread!

Comment

• ..get it? Blows. HA!

Comment

• Originally posted by n0ftInc View Post
                    ..get it? Blows. HA!
                    Got it.

Brian

Comment

• Mmmm, Neuspeed charger.
                      Lans
                      13 Golf R 01 GTI VR6 83 GTI 74 Honda CB360

Comment

• I had to go digging for this one. It might take me a minute to pick up where I left off. Just wanted to make this relevant again for adding updates.
                        I got the charger on and OBDII wiring complete. The car would run, but I was having problems adding any bit of throttle.

After spending way too much time on getting that problem corrected, I decided to abandon the stock engine side wiring in favor of a Megasquirt stand alone system. I got a great deal on a MSII V3 kit from Nick Paterson and started right in on getting that built

Since then, there have been several other projects and life events getting in the way. I got the motorcycle bug, put the jetta on the back burner while I fulfilled that need.

I have removed the OBDII harness, separated the headlight harness and got that back in and working along with getting my starter working with the key. Turns out, when I re-wired the rest of the car for CEII, The seat belt wiring was still in the body harness and had to be modified for the starter to function. duh!
                        I have built the new engine management harness for the megasquirt, but have also been researching different ways of running everything. There are several solutions for getting a reference signal from the motor and delivering spark as well as handling ISV functions. I was initially going to just fire the stock coil to the distributor using the crank sensor for my reference signal and skip ISV for later. I have since tossed that idea in favor of wasted spark using the MS spark triggers and running ISV functions through the OBDII throttle bodies internal mech. I found this little dude through BBM so I could remove the distributor and run the stock oil pump.

Now I can finish assembling the harness and get things back on track.
                        First to get the garage in shape. I have been doing a bunch of cleaning, organizing and trash removal to create a nice working environment.
                        I have been wanting to insulate that big metal wall for quite some time

Also made a mount for battery operated stuff while I was out there.

I've got a few more things to do before the snow starts flying, but things should start moving soon.

Brian

Comment

• Nice..MS! Eager to see the progress!

Comment

• Glad this is still alive. One of my favorite builds on here.
                            Dameon-
                            11 Jetta SE
                            82 rabbit GTI

Comment

• You don't disappoint, your work is always so clean. Excited to see more.
                              Tuned and deleted Super Duty, An old Chevy with a Cummins, my wife's Volvo, a 5th wheel and a boat. I like to drink and work. My family is cool too.

Rob

Comment

• Make it hot!
                                Matt
                                DCC #0
                                ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X