Project Bunnicula- ITBs inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Bunnicula- ITBs inside

82 popatop gokart 95 JettaIII ABA, 81 Pickup, next up, S2 scirocco?
    "the difference between VW and women is that you know by the end of the day the VW will have F'ed you" Turner.

use the image codes under the pictures copy paste. photos will post. your link no work

Comment

Try this:

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab185/ojeeztutone/
      Paul Parkanzky
      '09 Jetta TDI

Comment

thank you. i just got a photobucket account today so i dont know what i am doing yet
        "the difference between VW and women is that you know by the end of the day the VW will have F'ed you" Turner.

Comment

because i'm very bored tonight haha

I came to get down.
          -Ed
          '05 545i MTech 6MT + '97 BMW M3 sc'd + Ducati 749s
          still DCC numbr01
          inspired by moonshine and women i've never had.

Comment

Those wheels look awesome. What are they?
            Matt
            DCC #0
            ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Comment

Oooh weee im riding the lolercoaster. they are off like a 95ish saturn sc2 i picked em up for 50 bux for the set, same hub size and i just need a stud conversion so i can put threaded lugs on and use the factory center caps :P got kumho 195/50r15 spt's on emthat i got for like 63 apiece so not a bad investment overall

Comment

What is your overall goal with this project?
                Mive has some pretty sweet drop top bunnys rollin around.
                04 XC-70 - R.I.P.-00 VR6 GTi -64 Vespa - 06 Jetta TDi (the lady's)

Comment

My overall goal is a fast road car that is fun to drive. I want it to handle like a GTI instead of a convertible and still keep up with the pack... Not huge ambitions but dont want mine to look like everyone else's either. Also i am looking for a detailed breakdown of parts im going to need for my ABA bottom swap into a mk1 if someone knows of someone who has the parts listed let me know. I have the block and am going to hone, re-ring the pistons, replace all bearings and seals and install the 86 rocco 8v head after i get it ported

Comment

techtonicstuning.com has a good section on the aba swap if i remember correctly.

You don't need much really,
                    longer downpipe,
                    breather block off plate
                    distributer adapter ring

Come to think of it, i may still have a CIS vac advance distributer with the right gear and spacer for the aba block. I'll be home next week, i'll look for it. Might even have the downpipe.
                    I came to get down.
                    -Ed
                    still DCC numbr01

Comment

Originally posted by ojeeztutone View Post
                      Oooh weee im riding the lolercoaster. they are off like a 95ish saturn sc2 i picked em up for 50 bux for the set, same hub size and i just need a stud conversion so i can put threaded lugs on and use the factory center caps :P got kumho 195/50r15 spt's on emthat i got for like 63 apiece so not a bad investment overall
                      They're also only 14.5 lbs each. Nice choice -- I've got a set too.
                      1984 VW Jetta GLI
                      1997 BMW M3
                      1998 BMW 318i (wife's DD)
                      2001 Ford Focus ZX5
                      1986 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 (wife's toy) (sold)

Comment

Oh, snap! I know that garage..was wondering who you were with that request..haha. Awesome!
                        '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                        >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                        Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

ok. so breather block off is not same as old block mech fuel pump blockoff cover? also i believe i should be able to bend my header for the proper exit angle b/c it is ball and socket flange so i have some swing room... also, can i just remove the gear from an ABA distrib cause i have several junk ones to choose from. that way i would only need the spacer. also i want to use headgasket from ABA?

Comment

yes steve it is I... lol

Comment

Originally posted by ojeeztutone View Post
                              ok. so breather block off is not same as old block mech fuel pump blockoff cover? also i believe i should be able to bend my header for the proper exit angle b/c it is ball and socket flange so i have some swing room... also, can i just remove the gear from an ABA distrib cause i have several junk ones to choose from. that way i would only need the spacer. also i want to use headgasket from ABA?
                              No, block off plate is different. Looks like this:

And yes, you need to pull the dist gear off the aba distributer. Mine was an easy swap, some are stuck on there!

aba head gasket is good, i think i used a copper g60 one as it was a little more heavy duty.

Are you planning on using the oldschool highly restrictive 8v manifold? I strongly suggest getting the dual downpipe setup from the aba. They are super easy to find. I don't think you can bend yours down, the angle where it meets the cat wouldn't be ideal.
                              I came to get down.
                              -Ed
                              still DCC numbr01

Comment

Working...
                              X