Twin Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Charged

So parts have been coming in last week and fedex just dropped off a bunch of parts today. Project started yesterday will the tear down.

G60 Corrado Lysholm 53mm pulley currently boosting 20 psi at 6000 RPM, 12 psi at 2K. Going to try and help that a little with this.

.60/.63 T3 Turbo will be compounding the boost and hopefully bring up the bottom end boost numbers and maintaining the pressure all the way to redline without sacrificing lag.

Day 1

(or night1) one damn intake bolt stripped on me and I was fitting it for over 2 hours. Needed a break and to collect my self so a late night Taco Bell run with the girlfriend and came back with a new game plan. Got the bolt out, I guess all I needed was a little food in me and she is sitting with the intake, exhaust manifold, and down pipe all on the floor next to her. Hopefully tonight I can test fit the turbo manifold and bolt up the turbo.

Day 2.

Jake came over to play a bit. We bolted up the turbo manifold. Its just an 8v manifold so nothing special. Fit was dead on so I thought we were doing good. Well, that thought didn't last long. After clocking the turbo and wastage there is just about no clearance on the cold side to the firewall. Jake started taking apart the interior and became spiderman and crawled under the dash to see how much inside clearance we had to "move" the firewall. After a hour or so of figuring we wouldn't hurt anything, we broke out the 5 lb and a 2x2. Some persuasion and the firewall was a lot further back than we thought we could move it.

So next was bolting the turbo up again. Perfect!!!! (so we though). There is now enough room to stick your entire hand behind the turbo. Next was to test fit the intake manifold. We cut off a tab that was not needed (what really is needed on the corrado intake manifold anyways). Surprising a cutoff wheel is slower than a cheep wood hand saw lol. Set it in and ... crap the .60 A/R cold side it hitting the intake manifold. After countless ties to take the turbo out, reclock it, put it back loose and clock it, there is no way to get it to clear. I was just going to get a smaller turbo :cry: but Jake wouldn't have it lol.

We decided that we can space the turbo back (towards the clearance firewall we just made). So this morning I'm having a 1/2" spacer cut and if anyone has a t3 inlet gasket for sale, let me know. I clearance some firewall some more so hopefully, we will still have room with the spacer.

Here she is though in there. Looks like the intake/charge pipe and down pipe should be relatively easy to route. Crossing my fingers

Awesome! What are you doing for management?
    Matt
    DCC #0
    ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Comment

Originally posted by d bot View Post
      Awesome! What are you doing for management?
      currently running electromotive Tec-ii. total fuel and electronic timing control with 3 bar map and RC injectors.

Comment

I like it
        -Nick V-
        Current: '88 Golf GL 2.0 16V / '82 Caddy Diesel
        Favorite Past Dubs: '92 Corrado VR6, '99.5 APR Stg.3 A4, '91 GTI 8V, '81 Rabbit Truck,

Comment

The yellow G60 with black peely stripe at eurohanger?
          Matt
          DCC #0

Comment

The yellow G60 with black peely stripe at eurohanger?
            lol..... ppl remember you!
            we'll get that thing bolted on tonite fa sho
            ~Jake

Comment

It was the peel they remember lol.

Hope I have time tonight. I haven't had time to go get any bolts yet either.

Comment

Plus Raven and I talked to you for about 20 minutes. ha. Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you!
                Matt
                DCC #0

Comment

Plus Raven and I talked to you for about 20 minutes. ha. Looking forward to seeing how this works out for you!
                  I remember you guys now lol. So bad with names and even worst with handles lol.

Comment

With only one stripped bolt you are off to a lucky start. Old rounded out allens are the bane of my existance!

Comment

..sounds like a track day beast. Hint-hint.
                      '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                      >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                      Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

is this the one for sale in Hilsdale?
                        05 A4 1.8T 6sp-my new toy!
                        02 W8 Variant-gone and forgotten
                        01 A4 1.8T-gone but not forgotten

Comment

A hole Tom. A hole

And it was in coldwater.

Added day 2 with pics

Comment

Total faith that you'll get it dialed. So much awesome about to be in one engine bay.
                            1993 100 Avant quattro gone but will be remembered fondly.
                            2001 S4 Gone.

2009 BMW 135i A traitor in VAG land..

Comment

Originally posted by Logdog View Post
                              With only one stripped bolt you are off to a lucky start. Old rounded out allens are the bane of my existance!
                              Welll.... I may have laid on some plastic things and broke some flimsy shit.... but we figured if we sacrifice some cheap plastic to the volkswagen gods they would be kind in return and not let any expensive stuff go out.
                              ~Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X