Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
    I vote time for LS swap.
    yesss. the FWD version from the impala SS is sure to fit.
    Mike
    2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

Comment

I vote time for LS swap.
      I support this message.
      1987 Red Cabriolet no clipper
      1998 Black Jetta GT
      Something that takes diesel... soon to be revealed

Comment

• Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
        yesss. the FWD version from the impala SS is sure to fit.
        Originally posted by finky View Post
        I support this message.
        It's unanimous.
        -Brad
        '02 BMW M3, '03 VW Jetta tdi, '87 BMW 325

Comment

• Crank is out of the block now. All the main journals look just as good as the other 5 rod journals. So I'm optimistic the crank is salvageable. I also pulled the cams so the head is now ready for a quick cleaning as well.

About now is when I need the machine shop recommendations for cleaning and inspecting the parts I have so I know what I need to replace.
          '04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
          '04 VW R32T

Comment

It's unanimous.
            I have proof it works!

Though you may need a large shoehorn...
            04.5 Jetta GLI
            04 Jetta Wagon GLS
            01 Audi B5 A4 Avant
            15 Scion FRS RS1.0

Comment

• Whelp after many phone calls and several hours of searching around the web I've determined it's impossible to source just a single OEM connecting rod. So I gave in and upgraded. This means that the UM Haldex tune I wanted is going to have to be delayed until after the car is up and running for a bit but such is life.

Latest purchase consists of...

IE's H-Beam rods,
              Coated main bearings,
              ARP main studs,
              New crank Thrust washers,
              and the Fluidampr.

Probably will end up ordering the .010" undersized rod bearings techtonic tuning sells before the days over as well so the machine shop my parts are at can fit everything together. I'll probably also have them get those bearings coated as well for safety.

Still on the list are replacing the oil cooler heat exchanger and upgrading to the fancy schimmel billet oil filter housing / filter adapter piece.

Then once all that's paid for and all the labor is paid for I can attempt to save for the tune switch to UM.
              '04 VW R32T

Comment

• Nice man. How much boost do you intend to run with the new configuration?
                Ben Zeeuw
                1981 Rabbit Racer
                1998 Audi Avant Grocery Getter
                www.germanautoltd.com

Comment

• Still only like 14psi. Trans is still stock and from all my research about 400awhp is about the limit of 4th gear on these things. I intend to leave it at that power until I do more suspension work and possible fit larger tire before I drop huge coin into upgrading the trans.
                  '04 VW R32T

Comment

• Last box of goodies arrived today. (well not LAST but last that I needed to start putting stuff back together). Dropping the box off at the machine shop where the block and head is at lunch today. Going to clearance check all the parts and fit up the main studs and things of that nature. Hoping to start putting the motor back together in the next few weeks here.

I don't like waiting haha.
                    '04 VW R32T

Comment

• nice.
                      Your friend Raven
                      92 Corrado VR6t
                      05 Audi A6
                      90 Miata (because racecar)

Comment

• What machine shop did you end up going with? Can't wait to see it Waterford on June 20th!
                        APR, Autotech CAI, with some BBS RC's

Comment

• Originally posted by andresR32 View Post
                          What machine shop did you end up going with? Can't wait to see it Waterford on June 20th!
                          My buddy whose shop I'm using to do the all the work at recommended LSM Systems Engineering out of waterford. They do a lot of big V8 stuff and make billet blocks for GTRs. The guy I'm working with drives a 12v VR MK4 so he understands the motor. I feel like it's in good hands.
                          '04 VW R32T

Comment

• Holy crap, has this site been down so long that I wasn't able to update since the motor was rebuilt? Lot of crap to copy/pasta on this build from other threads I've kept up with. Will have to find the time to do that soon. Glad the site is back!
                            '04 VW R32T

Comment

Working...
                            X