No announcement yet.

Aku's .:R32 log. Now with hairdyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got brave and went back to the same track for the same event it died at. This time great success

Then an auto-x at Grattan later that year

'04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
    '04 VW R32T

Comment

• Decided to attend wookies.. So did some prep

First, out with the euro H&R springs / koni yellows and in with used pair of HPA SHS (rebranded KW V1s) that I got for a good deal from a local buddy. Decent stepping stone into the world of actual coil-overs instead of just a 'lowering' spring shock combo.

And the only other major modification was getting the 2nd ever set of Exit 9's extra sweet looking heat extraction hood vents installed.
      Completed vents before they were shipped to me.

Quick hand placement mock up to mark the location where I want them

Then off came the hood and a local company my work uses did some personal work for me. Shout out to DME Fabrication.

Decided for a hood notch delete while I was at it.

English wheeled a piece of sheet to match the hood curve

Aaand finally back to me and installed back on the car over lunch break today.

Lastly, all of the notorious TR clear peel got wet sanded down with some 800 grit to smooth everything out in preparation for THE wrap that will be going on 1 week from today and debuted at Wookies. (I'm sure we all know what this is by now since it's been well over a year).
      '04 VW R32T

Comment

• And finally the wrap photos.. In progress and then completed plus a few photos from Wookies 17. From here down is direct build thread copy paste.

Arrival at Redline Design in Tampa, FL

On stands, stripped and ready to begin (sorry for the bad saved snapchat photo on this one.. forgot to save and had to screenshot my own story)

Wrapping

Final Product back on the ground.

And a few photos from Wookies in the Woods

Took home Favorite MKIV R32

And made it back home last night.

'04 VW R32T

Comment

• No photos.. But since this has been completed for Wookies 18, I installed front camber plates, and the rear upper and lower control arms for all the alignment adjustability. Also replaced the old Z2's with RE71s.

Need to find photos from this years wookies, as well as the Zdayz trip I took (within a month I went back to back tail of the dragon trips with 2 different clubs again).

Also did GL again this year in June and the car survived mostly unharmed. Had an epic blow out of the t-stat housing on my first session out, but once that was replaced it was smooth sailing.
          '04 VW R32T

Comment

• Very cool to see this thing evolve. Glad you are having fun with it.

How is the exhaust coating holding up?
            Ben Zeeuw
            1981 Rabbit Racer
            1998 Audi Avant Grocery Getter
            www.germanautoltd.com

Comment

• Just realized I never replied to your question. The coating is holding up fine. It doesn't stay that perfect white color for very long but I haven't seen and chips or anything in it. I think i'm going to also add a turbo blanket anyway over winter to help further reduce the under hood temps.

'Update' Labor day I attended the annual auto-x at Grattan Raceway put on by the Furrin Group / WMRSCCA collaboration. I came 4/4 in my SM class but we were all within 2s of each other and I was 6th overall fastest time out of the 78 total drivers. Video below of the last 4 runs out of 6 we had since I forgot to turn the camera on the first 2 runs.

Also a video of Mr. Yonkers driving a modded 2016 ATS-V on top and my fastest run on the bottom to see where he had the 0.9s of time I couldn't find. Figured I'd share that to for fun.

'04 VW R32T

Comment

Working...
              X