TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer Laptop...wanna install Leopard on it...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry just saw this. yes dualboot. the version i downloaded had all the driver packs pre-loaded so before the install i selected what i needed and let it do its thang. 45 later i was in osx with every piece of hardware working

edit: woot, post 4444 :p
    Last edited by BlueDevilCabby; 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM.
    - 1995 Jetta (Harlequin)
    - 2001 Jetta (Stormtrooper)

Kyliak - "Why because the condom failed that i used with your gf?"

shOckfuel & Splitz (Joe DeBoer) - Liar, Thief, Scumbag

Comment

This is coming from my experience with a hackintosh dualboot MSI wind (netbook) with osx (10.5.7) and xp; I don't think speed limitations is an issue with installing leopard on a non-'apple optimized machine'. For reference, it runs as fast if not faster than xp on my netbook (with the intel atom processor) on almost every program (with the exception of the programs I can't use in osx, like autocad and stuff). There's tons of info on installing and fixing stuff at insanelymac.com and osx86project.org, or the previously linked wiki for osx86.

I vote go for osx, I love it on my little netbook thumbup but good luck, as I have no idea what goes into putting it on any other laptop dunno.
      "The Whyte Widow" - soon to be Boo5ted...

"A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." -Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

OSX on the Wind is almost flawless. The only thing I didn't like was the resolution issues.
        '00 Golf 2.0 TOTALED!
        -Jay

Comment

^ agreed, i couldnt get over them after actually using a mac

]just burned windows untouchable edition

Comment

how much horsepower do you think that thing will get with leopard, wait,
            is it snow leopard?
            1989 GLi- the project

Comment

As far as I know you might be able to run OS X on your computer but its not gonna be fast at all and quite buggy cause that operating system was optimized for for either an Intel chip set or the PowerPC chip set.

Comment

haha..
                '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

Originally posted by Advent503 View Post
                  As far as I know you might be able to run OS X on your computer but its not gonna be fast at all and quite buggy cause that operating system was optimized for for either an Intel chip set or the PowerPC chip set.

i think you just got laughed at because you're posting on things that are like a year old... look at the dates dude..
                  90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
                  08 VW Touareg - VR6

Comment

lol yea, sorry still new to this site.

Comment

necro bump :P
                      82 popatop gokart 95 JettaIII ABA, 81 Pickup, next up, S2 scirocco?
                      "the difference between VW and women is that you know by the end of the day the VW will have F'ed you" Turner.

Comment

And I have firsthand experience with machines that run OSX just as well, and even faster, than genuine Apple boxes.

Comment

Working...
                        X