TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer Laptop...wanna install Leopard on it...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky736
    replied
    And I have firsthand experience with machines that run OSX just as well, and even faster, than genuine Apple boxes.

Leave a comment:

• ojeeztutone
    replied
    necro bump :P

Leave a comment:

• Advent503
    replied
    lol yea, sorry still new to this site.

Leave a comment:

• meijerbrantm
    replied
    Originally posted by Advent503 View Post
    As far as I know you might be able to run OS X on your computer but its not gonna be fast at all and quite buggy cause that operating system was optimized for for either an Intel chip set or the PowerPC chip set.

i think you just got laughed at because you're posting on things that are like a year old... look at the dates dude..

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied
    haha..

Leave a comment:

• Advent503
    replied
    As far as I know you might be able to run OS X on your computer but its not gonna be fast at all and quite buggy cause that operating system was optimized for for either an Intel chip set or the PowerPC chip set.

Leave a comment:

• busted mk3
    replied
    how much horsepower do you think that thing will get with leopard, wait,
    is it snow leopard?

Leave a comment:

• Bill H
    replied
    ^ agreed, i couldnt get over them after actually using a mac

]just burned windows untouchable edition

Leave a comment:

• DrColossus11
    replied
    OSX on the Wind is almost flawless. The only thing I didn't like was the resolution issues.

Leave a comment:

• YTvdubster
    replied
    This is coming from my experience with a hackintosh dualboot MSI wind (netbook) with osx (10.5.7) and xp; I don't think speed limitations is an issue with installing leopard on a non-'apple optimized machine'. For reference, it runs as fast if not faster than xp on my netbook (with the intel atom processor) on almost every program (with the exception of the programs I can't use in osx, like autocad and stuff). There's tons of info on installing and fixing stuff at insanelymac.com and osx86project.org, or the previously linked wiki for osx86.

I vote go for osx, I love it on my little netbook thumbup but good luck, as I have no idea what goes into putting it on any other laptop dunno.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilCabby
    replied
    sorry just saw this. yes dualboot. the version i downloaded had all the driver packs pre-loaded so before the install i selected what i needed and let it do its thang. 45 later i was in osx with every piece of hardware working

edit: woot, post 4444 :p
    Last edited by BlueDevilCabby; 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• unt0uchable
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueDevilCabby View Post
    i'm using osx on my amd machine @ work. i downloaded that osx86 release. it runs flawlessly. i dont see any speed limitations on it either like someone else mentioned and my computer is not the latest or greatest by any means
    Do you dual boot it or is it your main/only operating system? Was it a b!tch installing of the drivers and stuff or did it all work as if it was out of box? Thanks for any and all info!

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilCabby
    replied
    i'm using osx on my amd machine @ work. i downloaded that osx86 release. it runs flawlessly. i dont see any speed limitations on it either like someone else mentioned and my computer is not the latest or greatest by any means

Leave a comment:

• DrColossus11
    replied
    Snow will run on an AMD hackintosh. The Intel only just means it needs to be x86 architecture and not Power PC.

Leave a comment:

• unt0uchable
    replied
    I haven't yet purchased one yet since I wasn't sure if it was going to work but I planned on goin with Leopard just because apples website says the Snow Leopard needs a MAC with Intel processor....

I'm fairly good with computers. I've never had to take my computer anywhere to get fixed, I've always done it myself. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks alot Jay!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X