This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specialty Works

This is a list of locations for specialty work in the state of Michigan. If you have a place that you know of please post the full contact information and I will add it to the list as well as any experience will be helpful. If you want a category added please suggest and we'll get that started as well.

This is a list for experienced work you already had done. I'm sure if we wanted to find locations google could help us but this is made for places that you had a good experience from. No reason to make a list with every place if they aren't that great!

POWDERCOATING & ANODIZING

WELDING & FABRICATION

Welding and fabrication:
    On The Spot Welding, Clarkston, Michigan
    248-620-0969

WHEEL REFINISHING

Restock Wheels
    23450 Telegraph Rd, Southfield, MI 48034
    248 223-1900

Ask for: Paul Kokx
    E-mail: pgkokx@msn.com
    Cell: 248-535-4411

AnnMarie Gilliatt
    Cell: 248-860-1344

---------------------------
    Wheel refinishing
    Alloy wheel repair of michigan

POLISH & CHROME

MACHINE, BLOCK & HEAD WORK

OTHER

Need a Rack......
    The Jorgen Automotive Corporation
    4637 Freedom Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
    800-333-0600 734-971-6700
    http://www.jorgenauto.com/
    Last edited by d bot; 05-27-2008, 10:38 PM.
    Matt
    DCC #0
    ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Wheel Refinishing:

Restock Wheels
    248 223-1900

Ask for:

Paul Kokx

AnnMarie Gilliatt
    Paul Parkanzky
    '09 Jetta TDI

Comment

Wheel refinishing
      Alloy wheel repair of michigan

Comment

Welding and fabrication:
        On The Spot Welding, Clarkston, Michigan
        248-620-0969
        Rich aka Buddha
        OG Status Crew

Comment

Powdercoating:
          EXOTIC COATINGS
          30708 Beverly Rd.
          Romulus, MI 48174
          734-595-4674

I had (4) 16x7.5" wheels done silver + clearcoat including all blasting and prep for $65 per wheel. They are my daily drivers and have held up beautifully.
          2009 | A4 Avant quattro | 2.0 TFSI.....2000 | GTI | AWD 1.8T.....1986 | Vanagon Syncro | Soon to be a 1Z TDI
          1969 | Beetle | 1914cc Flat Four Air Cooled.....
          1960 | Beetle | 36 HP | Maximum OG

Comment

If you need general welding and painting, give me a call. My business builds steel shipping racks for the automotive industry so I can hook my fellow MIVEr's up! We also have sandblasting but that's more on the industrial/high-volume end.

DMC Service Group
            313.526.2431 x12
            Detroit, MI
            www.downriverdetroit.com
            Kurt K.

87/88 16v GTI

"Hey, I came here to be drugged, electrocuted and probed, not insulted." -H. Simpson

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat in the ring here...

Convertible top replacement for VW/Audi, custom textile work also available (headliners and interiors)

Katherine Helmetag DBA girl! racing
              atomicalex@gmail.com
              248 953 0007
              Mad BBQ-stylz grille skillz
              Katherine, in words

Comment

We use these guys at work for Hard Chrome Plating and Nickel Plating and they always do an excellent job along with great customer service.

Hale Chrome Service
                2282 Albion Street
                Toledo, Ohio 43606

http://www.halechrome.com/
                -Aaron
                MK5 Bunny
                B5 A4 Avant
                NA MX-5

Comment

Import and Domestic auto repair. Specializing in European vehicles; VW, AUDI, MERCEDES, BMW, MINI, VOLVO...
                  We also do complete detailing, interior and exterior.
                  We are an APR authorized dealer, we can down load APR software!
                  Check out our website.
                  Call Todd @ 616.774.7048
                  GO APR.COM

Community Automotive

Comment

Hey all, pretty new here but I wanted to let you know I can help anyone out with several performance applications.

While I'm only a second year dubber, I've been doing specialty welding, precision machining and fabrication for 15+ years.

Applications include:
                    -TIG and MIG welding = Steel/Aluminum/Stainless Steel/4130 Chromoly
                    -Precision machining = milling/turning
                    -Press work = bearings/bushings/shafts/straightening and more
                    -Tube bending = chassis fabrication/roll cages/strut tower braces and more
                    -Saw work = brackets/gussets/guage clusters/strut tower reinforcement etc.

I have a pretty nice machine shop set up right in my garage to do all this and more. I've done a couple sets of poured urethane stiffer engine and trans mounts for the older MKII's that I have the tooling to replicate. I can easily make up tooling to upgrade other OEM mounts as well.

Intercoolers, turbo plumbing, special fittings, keyways, woodruff keyseats, fixturing and all other things prototype fabrication and machining.

I do competition rear differential precision gear setups, performance automatic transmission builds for racing applications too for the few rear drive guys that may be looming.

Feel free to check with Mike at SEA for a good reference and verification to all of this, he's very busy so I don't want to bother him to post up all I would be happy to help out with.

Thanks for looking and I hope to meet many of you in the future at the gatherings and events! PM or email me for questions or simply call to talk in detail about your project and needs. thumbup

Shawn McNeely - Owner/Operator
                    Modifab Performance
                    834 Pine Tree
                    Lake Orion MI, 48362
                    North Oakland Co.
                    248-830-2717
                    modifab@comcast.net

Some example pics of the machining and welding below...
                    stainless steel example for headers and intake manifolds etc.

aluminum examples for intercoolers, turbo plumbing and intake manifolds etc.

4130 chromoly examples for chassis fab, strut tower braces, seat mounting and safety etc.

Last edited by modifab; 11-02-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Starter and Alternator repair/refurbs.

Quick Start on Alpine south of the I-96. You need to bring the unit off of the car, but his service is often while you wait and the prices are more than fair. Also he can do charging tests if you bring your vehicle in.

I've used his services more times than I can count, I've never left disapointed, this goes for our German cars, Imports, and Domestics.

Comment

I sell new tires / brakes / suspension parts / wheels. I might be taking trade-ins on used tires/wheels. Will also be a paid advertiser starting May 1, pending Tony's approval. I'm trying to start up a small business, so I'm selling things very reasonable for MIVER's. PM me for a quote.
                        Last edited by eye4speed; 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM.
                        WTT: 17" Goals for ? http://michiganvw.org/forum/showthre...015#post943015

Comment

Powder Coating
                          Orion Tristar Coatings
                          540 N. Lapeer Rd., #376 Lake Orion, MI 48362-1582

info@oriontristar.com

248-396-8540
                          Tell him Billy Hancock sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Parkanzky View Post
                            Wheel Refinishing:

Restock Wheels
                            248 223-1900

Ask for:

Paul Kokx

AnnMarie Gilliatt
                            These guys did my wheels (and screwed them up TWICE!), but the (lady) owner is a COMPLETE bitch!
                            (nice to your face, but then yelled/bitched/swore at me on the phone)

They don't stand behind their work & actually ripped me off by $50...just FYI

The "quote" was for $100/wheel, but they charged me $125/wheel....or else I couldn't take the wheels with me....buyer beware
                            Last edited by snobrdrdan; 08-19-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

For sandblasting and powdercoating in Grand Rapids I highly recommend Southwest Sandblasting near 131 & Burton. Randy Jensen did a number of jobs for me including engine tins on my bus. Reasonable and accommodating.
                              Dirk

'13 Golf, '03 B5.5 GLX 4mo wagon, '99 Golf, '79 Westy, '73 Sportsmobile

Comment

Working...
                              X