Advice on some service items...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on some service items...

Got my new 1998 Cabrio into the shop today (Auto Lab is right near my office) for them to work on/inspect while I worked.

Apparently, they couldn't transmission fluid because it requires a special tool, and my valve cover gasket needs replacing (small oil leak).

I told them to hold off on it, but I did have them replace serpentine and power steering belts.

Where should I go to have the valve cover gasket replaced and transmission fluids checked? I get a tough shift into 2nd gear (little tight), so I want to make sure it's all good.

Any help is appreciated.

I live at 15 and Telegraph and work at 8 and Haggerty for proximity ideas.
    2015 BMW 435i
    2013 BMW F800r
    2004 BMW z4

THis may be a stupid response, but go to SEA. they are not that far from your house.
    Tony | 92' GTI 1.8T | 12' Fiat 500 | 09' Black Jack | 10' Cube
    I came here to drink my milk, & kick some ass, & I'm all done with my milk - Moss

Comment

Not stupid at all. I was under the impression that SEA was more of a performance shop.

If they'll handle my dirty maintenance items and not charge me the "This guy doesn't know squat, let's fleece him" price, I am all over it!
      2015 BMW 435i
      2013 BMW F800r
      2004 BMW z4

Comment

They are a great all around shop from performance to maintenance. I'd say most of their work is maintenance. Give mike a call on Monday at 248-674-2770 they're open from 8am until 6pm Monday through Friday.
        Tony | 92' GTI 1.8T | 12' Fiat 500 | 09' Black Jack | 10' Cube
        I came here to drink my milk, & kick some ass, & I'm all done with my milk - Moss

Comment

Originally posted by eatworksleepdie View Post
          They are a great all around shop from performance to maintenance. I'd say most of their work is maintenance. Give mike a call on Monday at 248-674-2770 they're open from 8am until 6pm Monday through Friday.

Yeah give me a call we can help you out, my direct extension is 228.

Thanks
          Mike
          www.FuryFilms.com
          18T Rabbit

Comment

Thanks for the advice SEA it is!

*edit*

SEA and Mike at SEA did a great job. I will recommend them!
            Last edited by aristotlewilde; 03-12-2009, 09:49 PM.
            2015 BMW 435i
            2013 BMW F800r
            2004 BMW z4

Comment

Working...
            X