Headlight levelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight levelers

I have MKIV Jetta with retrofits and i think i went crazy trying to adjust them. i know the headlights are on 2 really long screws that pull the housing in or out. My question is which was do you turn the screw-driver to pull them in and push them out? I think turning it to the right pulls them in, but like i said. I'm going crazy.
    04 Jetta GL
    Style: OEM+

I honestly don't remember the answer to this question, but just be careful, because I totally broke mine in my MKIV by just adjusting them...
    90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
    08 VW Touareg - VR6
    14 Audi A7 - TDI
    17 Audi allroad

Comment

Yup... this happened this morning. I think i loosened 1 way too much and I think the housing came off of it. Now it's aimed to the ground. Ugh.... Now im gonna have to take off the headlight to fix this.... yay.
      04 Jetta GL

Comment

it takes 5 minutes to pop the bumper off to get to the headlight, or if ur good at contorting your hand, reach into the light from the access holes and grab onto the reflector. pull backwards while you screw in.
        ~Jake

Comment

It was a pain in the ass to work on them because i couldn't get 1 of the plugs out of the headlights. Turns out that my passenger headlight has 2 broken levelers and the chrome housing is caught on the black frame inside the plastic lens. I can't seem to move it. I put some weatherstripping in it as far as i can to cushion some bouncing. That housing is facing down and my shroud is hitting the plastic lens. UGH!! There is 1 broken leveler on the driver side, but i got 1 of the pulled all the way back and it's keeping it stable.

Is there any way to replace levelers? On all of them, it seems the screw itself broke and didn't just come undone from the ball & socket joint.

I didn't come this far to buy a pre-made retrofit from Volx Tuning, but now im seriously considering it because this has really become a hassle. Mr. Burke already did some electrical work put them on.... Why did i have to "screw it up" (lol?)!!?!?
          04 Jetta GL

Comment

Ugh... this is awful. I didn't think levelers were such a problem. I'm putting the retros up for sale and getting pre-made ones. Thread closed....
            04 Jetta GL

Comment

i bought replacements for my 80's dodge truck at autozone. not sure you'd be so lucky with a newer VW though.
              - Eric

'97 Jolf "Rally" Edition

Comment

Working...
              X