Mk4 tdi: injection pump question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk4 tdi: injection pump question

I'm trying to help a friend with a 2002 Jetta diesel, that was recently diagnosed as needing an injection pump. It's an ALH motor with an automatic transmission And I have found a used injection pump from an ALH motor with a manual transmission, and I'm wondering if the two are compatible? Any assistance is most appreciated
    Michael
    I feel a lot more like I do right now than I did when I got here.
    1975 Scirocco / 2002 Forester / 1987 Cabby "Project Vertigloo"

Autos are 11mm pumps and manuals are 10mm. They will bolt in and run I believe..maybe check TDI Club?
    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve, but as it turns out I missed out on that used pump. That's ok tho because that would have required removing it and all that that entails.
      This pump is leaking externally from the top and center sections and will not hold prime, so my plan now is to get the DeiselGeeks seal kit and attempt to reseal it on the car. Possible related threads to come.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by n0ftInc View Post
        Autos are 11mm pumps and manuals are 10mm. They will bolt in and run I believe..maybe check TDI Club?
        I believe you are correct... I've heard people use the 11mm pumps as an "upgrade".

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyB View Post
          I believe you are correct... I've heard people use the 11mm pumps as an "upgrade".
          From what I've read, the 11mm pump does add a mild power upgrade to the ALH TDI since it can deliver slightly more fuel into the engine, but there's a bunch of other things to improve on the car that will produce better gains.
          -Noah
          '95 Wolfsburg Cabrio, '90 Wolfsburg Jetta.
          Apprentice Shimologist.
          "Everybody should drive a Mini; everyone should own a Mini at some point or you are incomplete as a human being." -James May

Comment

I had read that as well, although in this case I would have been putting a 10 mm pump as a replacement for an 11 mm Pump so I don't know if I would actually be losing performance.
            Irrelevant as I have already ordered the diesel geek kit to reseal it. Thanks for your input dudes!
            Michael

Comment

Working...
            X