Any SE Michigan Ravers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any SE Michigan Ravers here?

I try to go to many concerts around here and especially since Elektricity opened in Pontiac. There have been many good & big names coming to town. I'm a big fan of EDM so anything remotely like Trance, Electro, Dubstep, Glitch or Trap is pretty much something I'm interested in. I've seen Bassnectar and Pretty Lights twice at the Fillmore, saw Excision once, Aly & Fila at Elektricity and i can't remember other single act concerts. I've been to DEMF at 2011 and 2012 which is always awesome. I've got 2 friends that are solid DJs and it's pretty sweet to watch them progress and get better. I'm friends with the CEO of GodsDJs in Detroit, so I'm always in the loop of what's really going with the Detroit EDM scene.

Any frequent concert goers here? Pullin up to the parking lot in your German autos bumpin loud musik!
    04 Jetta GL
    Style: OEM+

Back in the day we used call them "parties"... I remember shitting in a corner at packard then walking by that spot later and seeing "glow stick kids" sitting in it... lol

Those weren't the days...

Comment

Ohhhh man I am all about it and I grew up on that stuff in Serbia I been to everything here in Detroit to Benny benassi every techno fast since I moved here etc. anything goes down let me know me my girl and all my buddies will be there for sure-igor-
      2008 vw gti 4dr 1997 vw gti Sold 1981 rabbit 2dr diesel Sold 05 mustang gt - sold 03 gti 1.8t - sold 1995 vw golf Sold
      2009 Yamaha r6 pearl white special edition - sold
      1991 Yamaha FZR 600R Sold

Comment

Lmk when u go 2 elektricity I want 2 check it out
        2008 vw gti 4dr 1997 vw gti Sold 1981 rabbit 2dr diesel Sold 05 mustang gt - sold 03 gti 1.8t - sold 1995 vw golf Sold

Comment

Yo for sure... I'll definitely let you know when i go to Elektricity. THey always manage to book amazing acts. I preordered my tickets to 2013 Movement. (DEMF/Tech fest) Royal oak music theater just had Seven Lions and Krewella, which made me mad cause i didn't know they were there. Pretty much not going to any concert till after Movement because of doing me Jetta's upkeep.

I'll be posting here which concerts i go to. Maybe this could turn into a thread about who is going to which concert. Vdub concert meets? lol
          04 Jetta GL

Comment

For us non-trendy folk, The Tangent Gallery/ Hastings Street ballroom is the best venue around.

I've attended, I've played at. I've never seen such a proper crowd and good music, month after month.

I would check it out. No lasers, no trends. Just good music and good people. Proper. I recommend the "SonicScene" events, monthly.

Comment

"Movement Festival" is coming up Memorial weekend. Informally known as Tech Fest or DEMF. I preordered my tickets and likely shuttling my friends in my jetta to 1 or 2 days. I'll be there all weekend. Hopefully it doesn't rain cause it sucked last year when it did 1 day.
              04 Jetta GL

Comment

Haven't been to Movement since the 2nd festival. Autechre performed that year. Plus it was free back then.
                1985 Golf * 1987 GTI VR6 * 2007 Jetta 2.5 (wife's)* 2009 Jetta Sportwagen 2.5

Comment

I went when it was still called DEMF, saw George Clinton in 2002
                  Currently: '13 Golf R, '07 BMW Z4MC, '01 GTI VR6, '96 Golf, '74 Vespa 90

Comment

SE Ravens..maybe?
                    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

It would seem (to me) that the festival had better acts when it was for free the first few years...
                      1985 Golf * 1987 GTI VR6 * 2007 Jetta 2.5 (wife's)* 2009 Jetta Sportwagen 2.5

Comment

this year in particular doesn't have much good going for them. Big Chocolate, Noisia, Squarepusher, GriZ, Grammatik and AMtrac are the only names i would like to see. I hope to be surprised by what i hear by those i don't know.
                        04 Jetta GL

Comment

Ill be there :))))

Comment

Originally posted by Sonick92 View Post
                            this year in particular doesn't have much good going for them. Big Chocolate, Noisia, Squarepusher, GriZ, Grammatik and AMtrac are the only names i would like to see. I hope to be surprised by what i hear by those i don't know.
                            They have kind of a great lineup....

moodyman/dave clarke/carl craig/terrence parker/ben simms/andy c.

And that's just the first day.

They need to 86 acts like Moby and charge less. Terrible dj, never plays live and hasn't been relevant in the past 2 decades. Hawtin two, If Berlins so much better then here he can stay there; not one decent release in what, 10 years? /rant.

Comment

DEMF is definitely a peculiar festival where House, Minimal and some funk are dominant. I definitely think hip-hop should more represented at DEMF cuz liek.... Detroit. I would hate to see DEMF get overran by dubstep and heavy electro artists. Keep some, but the old-school vibe needs to stay. The Jungle - Drum'n Bass artists are awesome although i've never wanted to listen to it outside of a concert.

I've grown to love trance music now, so Elektricity night club is a place i love to keep watching. BT, Aly & fila, Above & Beyond, Gabriel and Dresden... that place is bringin good acts.
                              04 Jetta GL

Comment

Working...
                              X