New here intro and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here intro and a question

Hey everyone.. Ive been here a while but never realy posted much.. Mainly because i never had a dub well thats changed now.. I just got my first one.. A 85 golf 2 door.. I thought i would let you all know a little bout me.. Names Rick im 26. I live in Oxford. Im not much into speed but more into the looks aspect of it all. dont get me wrong I would love a 1.8t swap but dime for dime Id raher shave my handles or slam the ride.. I come from a mini truck background. I have always owned custom trucks. So being low and slow is fine by me.. Check out my project thread.. Project "blue turd" I will have some pics up tomorrow..

Now my question.. Were are some good places to get parts.. online or around MI.. Ive found a few places so far. Are there any u-pick type places around that have dubs? Also are there any good mags for golfs? I found performance VW but i know there has to be more.. Thanks for any info.. Later Rick
    Last edited by Phatras; 06-20-2006, 10:45 PM.

welcome rick!

you will find lots of good info on online parts distributors here: http://www.michiganvw.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16031

but there is also steve's european which is one of our local sponsors, just give mike or fidel a call for your part's needs: http://www.steveseuropeanauto.com/

Nick V. to the minitruck convert lounge please! :)

again, welcome

Comment

If youe into mini trucks then you should get your self a Rabbit Pickup can't get any minier than that.
      1981 Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup Project Goth Truck
      1985 Volkswagen Cabriolet Winter Beater (For Sale)
      1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet Summer Hoopty (For Sale)

Comment

Welcome..Minitrucks..ahh minitrucks..I saw a minitruck video once..there were lots of boobies.

Nice project name by the way.. ;)
        '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
        >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
        Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

Originally posted by n0ftInc
          Welcome..Minitrucks..ahh minitrucks..I saw a minitruck video once..there were lots of boobies.
          .....and the trucks hop up and down.
          "If You honestly believe that you can make up for lack of talent by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't do".

Comment

Whats up Rick. If you are looking for magazines check out PVW (you already mentioned) Golf +, eurotuner (not everyones favorite but it works). Air ride is sweet. Scrape stuff. Welcome :thumbsup:
            Matt
            DCC #0
            ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

Comment

welcome aboard. i'm the other resident former minitrucker.

That being said.. there's not much hotter than a dumped out mk2 Golf so you got a good car to work with for a dub cruiser.

Welcome aboard. Hope we can help you out along the way.

I'm still holdin on to my minitruckin' roots and i'm slowly working on a rabbit truck to mix the two styles, but it's been neglected and just sitting for a few months now. I'll get back on it someday. drrrrr. maybe this winter after the wedding.

obligatory pic of my old truck.....

and the new project...

as for mags... Matt already mentioned all that I was going to mention. PVW is typically my favorite.
              Last edited by xflowgolf; 06-22-2006, 03:16 PM.
              -Nick V-
              Current: '88 Golf GL 2.0 16V / '82 Caddy Diesel
              Favorite Past Dubs: '92 Corrado VR6, '99.5 APR Stg.3 A4, '91 GTI 8V, '81 Rabbit Truck,

Comment

"the golf" is pretty good to, if you can find it anymore

Comment

Welcome! Can't wait to see the progress. I think you should go for lowest dub in the club status :)
                  2001 Reflex Silver GTi wun point 8 tee

Comment

Working...
                  X