$3.65 a gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.65 a gallon

So last summer when the gas prices rocketed to 3.29 a gallon it was because of a catostophic hurricane that shut down a refinery. Fine, whatever. Its ****ing 3.65 and i havent heard a god damn reason why. Did i miss something? Seriously, a dollar in about a months time?
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7l v8
    rustys 2" bb, flowmaster 40

1995 atk 250cc

I can add that it sucks, even in San Fransico, according to my buddy gas is cheaper. ****in' a.
    Edin Kurbegovic
    '03 Gti VR6 24v

Comment

I just paid 3.67. Truck only gets 15 mpg. Time to bust out the Puch mopeds...
      Last edited by kaltblutig; 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

i get 15.5 in my blazer. GD 31's. Man do i regret those things now that i really cant even afford the gas to go offroading. I wish i still had my pedal start moped from back when i was 13.
        2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7l v8
        rustys 2" bb, flowmaster 40

1995 atk 250cc

Comment

I need to put gas in the truck and boat this weekend. Boat holds 36 gallons and I don't know about the truck. Last time was over $100 to top them both off. Pay to play I guess.
          I still hope gas hit $5/gallon. **** the SUV daily drivers! I drive the TDI when I need to go somewhere. I hope all H2s that still can afford gas tip over and DIAF.
          Everybody needs to look at alternative methods of transport or working from home, which I have been doing recently.

Comment

Yeah, 3.65. January saw 1.99. So in nearly 6 months, gas has almost DOUBLED. I realize the 1.99 early this year was a freak thing, but still. Watching News8, they talked to some guy from the MPA, or Michigan Petroleum Agencey or Authority or some shiz. They brought up gasbuddy, we have the highest average in the entire country. Yes, higher than Cali, L.A. was at 3.40. They broke down the pricing, the stations buy it at 2.879, .57 in state tax, .202 in shipping = 3.651, so at 3.659 the station makes .008 each gallon. No, Im not defneding the stations, just putting it out there.
            -Matt | flickr
            2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T 5M
            Faith, Hope, and Love

Comment

I'm doing ok. For whatever reason, I'm getting better mileage now than before. 3/8 tank left and I have 272 miles on the odometer :)
              2005 Tornado Red GTI 1.8T
              Project <name-to-be-decided-later>

Comment

I heard something about some Alaskan pipeline shutting down, which made the gas prices skyrocket. All I know is I'm only putting in $5-$10 at a time until the price comes down. Ridiculous. I'm moving to Canada.
                Mitch
                I Used to have a '95 Passat / but then it shit and died / so now my car is the CTA / let's go for a stinky ride

Comment

I found premium for 3.62 today. After seeing that premium was 3.85 at every other place, I am pretty much set on selling my car and buying a bike.
                  96 Jetta VR6... we will see where it takes me.

Comment

It's been about $40 for a full tank. I'm getting really good mileage atm somehow. 200+ at half tank. Friggin happy about that!

Comment

Wow. Regular is $3.129 here in NC, premium is running something like $3.429.

It sucks pulling up to the station knowing that your about to drop $50, especially since its a weekly thing for most.

I'm pretty close to work, about three miles away, so I'll be riding a bike to work from here on out.

Everything I've read/seen says that this price hike is due to issues with refining capacity. The price of crude is hovering around $65/barell now days, last summer saw prices near $80/barell, so we're no where near the previous crude oil record pricing. Blame the refiners. Why they aren't building more and increasing capacity is beyond me, I realize no one wants one in their back yard, but jesus, there's clearly market demand to substantiate the investment.

Just think what will happen if the Nigerian or Iran sitution deteriorates further, or another major hurricane strikes Gulf Coast refineries. Woohoo $5-6/gal. gas!!!
                      --Kal--
                      Current:- 11' Buick Regal Turbo 6MT - Baller Responsibility Mobile Supreme
                      Past: 06' VW GTI - 00' Audi S4 - 87' 944T

Comment

There is a gas station right across the street from my shop...
                        We watch this guy everyday changing the prices. At 6am, price is dropped, then at 10am, he goes out and raises it a little. At 4:30, he goes out and lowers the price. At 7pm he raises it again.

Yesterday he put the price to 3.62 and it never went down.

I can say this... This is supposed to be my busiest week of the season. I should be stuffed with new boats going out this week.. This past weekend, they sold 1 boat. 1 boat the week of Memorial Day. UGH!
                        Last week we delivered 30 boats to customers. This week, we'll be lucky if we do 15.
                        The economy is obviously part of the problem, but people are so scared of gas prices right now.
                        Rich aka Buddha
                        OG Status Crew

Comment

I love how are gas prices are the same or higher then either the east or west coast just to bad the value of my house is not equal, I would be living in a $400,000 fixer upper.
                          2011 SWP WRX 5DR.
                          2009 Jamis Durango 29er 1x9.
                          2013 Jamis Nova Sport.

Comment

Refineries, refineries, refineries.

That’s what it is. CNBC this morning had one near Gary, IN that was only operating at 89% efficiency. Others aren’t running at all due to power outages or maintenance issues. We have enough oil production, just can’t refine it enough. No new refineries are being built, either.
                            2007 GTI, 2005 TSX, 2013 Escape

Comment

i just paid 3.79 !!
                              Tony | 92' GTI 1.8T | 12' Fiat 500 | 09' Black Jack | 10' Cube
                              I came here to drink my milk, & kick some ass, & I'm all done with my milk - Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X