TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting spam off Craigslist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else getting spam off Craigslist?

I am just wondering if anyone else is getting spam off Craigslist ads. I just posted up a kids bike carrier and have been inundated with spam telling me to stop selling on the craigslist, and I don't have to sell my belongings to make it in this economy. I'm like wtf??? I just wanted to get rid of something that was taking up space in the garage, not trying to make my mortgage or electric bill for crying out loud :ugh!: I've always done real well selling things on Craigslist, however, if this keeps up, I don't know that I will try any more. I just received one in regards to another guys bike he was selling. :confused: I think I might make up a fake email address and spam the hell out of the sites that are spamming craigslist ads.
    06 Town and Country, 65 Falcon Deluxe Wagon DD, 64 Falcon convertible
    "Speed has never killed anyone - suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear
    "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't, you are right" - Henry Ford

Haven't ran into this yet. Spam'em back yeah!!!
    MKIII Pizzalicious

Comment

My boss got this a couple times before too. I'm about to sell a few things in the near future, we'll see if I do as well.
      -Matt | flickr
      2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T 5M
      Faith, Hope, and Love

Comment

I havent been getting spam like that.
        But I have been getting the,
        Is this item still available and how much is the finial price, generic spam email.
        1991 BMW ///M5
        2000 Honda Insight

Comment

tons
          "I have to return some videotapes."

Comment

Constantly. What I don't get is these emails have to be channeled through craigslist email servers. Why is it that my gmail account can tell this is spam, but craigslist can't?

I live in detroit too and I really wanted to email and tell you that you honestly don’t have to sell your items just to pay the bills. I know it really stinks to have to get rid off your things and I get what it's like to feel down in this economic situation. A while ago I had to get rid of my daughter’s TV just to make our next payment. Those were without doubt the saddest times for my family.

My best friend was recently laid off due to the financial crisis. However, he has learned about an easy way to make a career on-line and it truly helped me to sort myself out. I could not believe he would share this with me in the 1st place, and I felt I should come back and tell everyone else who may be in these hard times. I promise you that it’s deserving of 15 seconds of your day.

Ah yes here is the url (with held just so nobody accidentally clicks on it and gets them a penny of ad revenue, or worse, gives their computer a virus)

I hope you find that it’s lucrative as well. Feel free to tell your friends!
            I used to drive these at various different points: 89 F-150, Various mk4 golf 2.0L's, 02 1.8t gti, 03 tdi jetta, 86 8v gti, 85 8v scirocco, 92 vw jetta gl (stormtrooper white, lowered, sorely missed), , 07 jetta 2.5L, 08 rabbit 2.5L. Now I drive these: 83 GTI W00T, 82 vanagon wasserboxer. Yes, it is officially an 82, and no, there wasn't a swap, 81 Honda Express slowped, to be driven only while wearing a gorilla mask and intoxicated.

Comment

Also, why is that I feel the death penalty is more appropriate for this kind of spam, but less appropriate for a murder?

I think it's because my morals and belief system is based on the 'Manager Glen' model:

"Why is it when a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion...it's called murder?"
              I used to drive these at various different points: 89 F-150, Various mk4 golf 2.0L's, 02 1.8t gti, 03 tdi jetta, 86 8v gti, 85 8v scirocco, 92 vw jetta gl (stormtrooper white, lowered, sorely missed), , 07 jetta 2.5L, 08 rabbit 2.5L. Now I drive these: 83 GTI W00T, 82 vanagon wasserboxer. Yes, it is officially an 82, and no, there wasn't a swap, 81 Honda Express slowped, to be driven only while wearing a gorilla mask and intoxicated.

Comment

I've got quite a few of those whilst selling the Mustang, and quite a few while looking for a job.
                1999 Isuzu Rodeo
                2011 Mini Cooper S
                1972 Super Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by oneeightairlines View Post
                  "Why is it when a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion...it's called murder?"
                  Kill one man, a murderer.
                  Kill a million, a king.
                  Kill all, a god.

..we just watched Blade and needed to throw that out there.

I too have gotten those emails; "click", "delete".
                  '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                  >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                  Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

I got the same email a few different ways as well.
                    2015 BMW 435i
                    2013 BMW F800r
                    2004 BMW z4

Comment

I always get it when I post on criagslist. But its not about that stuff. Its more advertising car insurance.
                      - Tom -

Comment

This thread reminds me of a great website.

www.dontevenreply.com

You just need to mess with spammers in a similar fashion.

Comment

I always get some spam on my ads, but not enough to be overwhelming. Usually pretty easy to spot.
                          -Nick V-
                          Current: '88 Golf GL 2.0 16V / '82 Caddy Diesel
                          Favorite Past Dubs: '92 Corrado VR6, '99.5 APR Stg.3 A4, '91 GTI 8V, '81 Rabbit Truck,

Comment

Originally posted by bananaslug613 View Post
                            This thread reminds me of a great website.

www.dontevenreply.com

You just need to mess with spammers in a similar fashion.

haha that site is awesome
                            - 1995 Jetta (Harlequin)
                            - 2001 Jetta (Stormtrooper)

Kyliak - "Why because the condom failed that i used with your gf?"

shOckfuel & Splitz (Joe DeBoer) - Liar, Thief, Scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by bananaslug613 View Post
                              You owe me about 2 hours of loss productivity and a new gut from laughing so hard. Thank you. hahano
                              2007 GTI, 2005 TSX, 2013 Escape

Comment

Working...
                              X