TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting spam off Craigslist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racerx
    started a topic Anyone else getting spam off Craigslist?

Anyone else getting spam off Craigslist?

I am just wondering if anyone else is getting spam off Craigslist ads. I just posted up a kids bike carrier and have been inundated with spam telling me to stop selling on the craigslist, and I don't have to sell my belongings to make it in this economy. I'm like wtf??? I just wanted to get rid of something that was taking up space in the garage, not trying to make my mortgage or electric bill for crying out loud :ugh!: I've always done real well selling things on Craigslist, however, if this keeps up, I don't know that I will try any more. I just received one in regards to another guys bike he was selling. :confused: I think I might make up a fake email address and spam the hell out of the sites that are spamming craigslist ads.

• oneeightairlines
    replied
    My new approach:

They said:

I see the item you were selling in detroit.. I live there too, and I, too had been doing
    the same thing since our economy was ruined.. About 3.5 months
    ago, it was terrible, but I had to sell my little boy's Nintendo Wii
    to pay our bills and it was certainly the lowest point in my life.
    Just saying it made me ashamed wouldn't even describe it properly,
    but I had not choice but to make the house payment or we
    would be homeless (we were already a couple of months behind).
    Thank the Lord that'll be the last time I'll have to
    hurt my kids like that.

One of my best friends showed me how he's able to earn
    legitimate income on the web. I could not believe he'd
    share this at all, but I am appreciative that I have been sharing this with
    every one who needs assistance and who might be in the same situation.

Thank goodness it's easy or I would not have been able to complete it, in addition
    it is the most financially set I've ever felt before. I promise you will
    find this info worth the 60 seconds it it takes you to look it over.

Oh, here is the link: http://lnk.ly/7gp

Take great care, and God Bless

I said:

Hello Take great care, and God Bless

I am sorry, but the item in DETROIT is no longer for sale, because I have made a ton of money working at home!

I am sooooo happy because I no longer need to sell my possessions in order to make ends meet!

You can too!

I was so happy that someone shared this information with me, I feel it is only right to share it with others to bring them great amounts of joy!

Here is a web address with more information!

http://alanthicke.com

Take great care, and may the Lord bring you lots of love and MONEY!

I'm sure all of these accounts are automated, and I doubt that there's someone out there foolish enough to use a personal account for this kind of thing. My thought is that if the spam accounts keep getting messages back indicating that they are doing nothing more than emailing spammed posts; and say it happens en mass, won't it eventually not be viable for them to even bother?

Leave a comment:

• roetershVW
    replied
    Originally posted by bananaslug613 View Post
    It's perplexing how bad my jaw hurts right now. I am stunned.

Leave a comment:

• bananaslug613
    replied
    Anytime guys!

Leave a comment:

• JCJetta
    replied
    You owe me about 2 hours of loss productivity and a new gut from laughing so hard. Thank you. hahano

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilCabby
    replied
    This thread reminds me of a great website.

www.dontevenreply.com

You just need to mess with spammers in a similar fashion.

haha that site is awesome

Leave a comment:

• xflowgolf
    replied
    I always get some spam on my ads, but not enough to be overwhelming. Usually pretty easy to spot.

Leave a comment:

• bananaslug613
    replied
    This thread reminds me of a great website.

www.dontevenreply.com

You just need to mess with spammers in a similar fashion.

Leave a comment:

• T5i
    replied
    I always get it when I post on criagslist. But its not about that stuff. Its more advertising car insurance.

Leave a comment:

• aristotlewilde
    replied
    I got the same email a few different ways as well.

Leave a comment:

• n0ftInc
    replied
    Originally posted by oneeightairlines View Post
    "Why is it when a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion...it's called murder?"
    Kill one man, a murderer.
    Kill a million, a king.
    Kill all, a god.

..we just watched Blade and needed to throw that out there.

I too have gotten those emails; "click", "delete".

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    I've got quite a few of those whilst selling the Mustang, and quite a few while looking for a job.

Leave a comment:

• oneeightairlines
    replied
    Also, why is that I feel the death penalty is more appropriate for this kind of spam, but less appropriate for a murder?

I think it's because my morals and belief system is based on the 'Manager Glen' model:

"Why is it when a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion...it's called murder?"

Leave a comment:

• oneeightairlines
    replied
    Constantly. What I don't get is these emails have to be channeled through craigslist email servers. Why is it that my gmail account can tell this is spam, but craigslist can't?

I live in detroit too and I really wanted to email and tell you that you honestly don’t have to sell your items just to pay the bills. I know it really stinks to have to get rid off your things and I get what it's like to feel down in this economic situation. A while ago I had to get rid of my daughter’s TV just to make our next payment. Those were without doubt the saddest times for my family.

My best friend was recently laid off due to the financial crisis. However, he has learned about an easy way to make a career on-line and it truly helped me to sort myself out. I could not believe he would share this with me in the 1st place, and I felt I should come back and tell everyone else who may be in these hard times. I promise you that it’s deserving of 15 seconds of your day.

Ah yes here is the url (with held just so nobody accidentally clicks on it and gets them a penny of ad revenue, or worse, gives their computer a virus)

I hope you find that it’s lucrative as well. Feel free to tell your friends!

Leave a comment:

• boese78
    replied
    tons

Leave a comment:

Working...
X