Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 144 Best Pictures of the Decade

http://totallycoolpix.com/2010/12/be...the-noughties/

I suppose I should add that there are some rather graphic pictures scattered throughout these photos that might offend some people.

I couldn't make it through all of these without tearing-up. I never cease to be amazed at the feats and triumphs of the human race. It's a shame though that for all the greatness we achieve, the mindless atrocities that we can commit against one-another are just as great.
    -Joe-
    -'16 STi
    -2004 RX8 - Build Thread
    Former VW's- '10 Sportwagen TDI, '07 GTI Fahrenheit, '04.5 GLI

I just started to try to look through, but it's hanging on me right now. I'll have to pick it up again tomorrow. Wow. Some of those shots...

Originally posted by AkursedX View Post
    ... I never cease to be amazed at the feats and triumphs of the human race. It's a shame though that for all the greatness we achieve, the mindless atrocities that we can commit against one-another are just as great.
    The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary: men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
    - Joseph Conrad
    Last edited by DonL; 01-01-2011, 11:46 PM.
    If voting could really change things, the government would likely make it illegal.

Comment

couldn't get the link to work
      2009 | A4 Avant quattro | 2.0 TFSI.....2000 | GTI | AWD 1.8T.....1986 | Vanagon Syncro | Soon to be a 1Z TDI
      1969 | Beetle | 1914cc Flat Four Air Cooled.....
      1960 | Beetle | 36 HP | Maximum OG

Comment

Originally posted by 20bugsys View Post
        couldn't get the link to work
        Try again in the AM. It seems that the site is down. I haven't been able to get on it tonight.

EDIT: Links works again (for me at least)
        Last edited by AkursedX; 01-02-2011, 10:14 AM.
        -Joe-
        -'16 STi
        -2004 RX8 - Build Thread
        Former VW's- '10 Sportwagen TDI, '07 GTI Fahrenheit, '04.5 GLI

Comment

thanks for sharing the link.
          -Matt-
          '01 996TT (garage queen)
          '07 V Star 650 (bobbed out)
          '02 GTI (daily rub)

Comment

Just got through them. Kind of Disheartening and inspiring at the same time.
            82 popatop gokart 95 JettaIII ABA, 81 Pickup, next up, S2 scirocco?
            "the difference between VW and women is that you know by the end of the day the VW will have F'ed you" Turner.

Comment

Just finished. Thanks for sharing.
              2003 Golf
              1978 Baywindow
              ---------------

Comment

Just finished them. Still in awe of some of the shots. Hard to believe that some of them were so recent, since the news coverage seems to have been so long ago.

As a dad now, some of the shots involving children really hit me in the pit of my stomach. I don't remember being so affected in the past.
                If voting could really change things, the government would likely make it illegal.

Comment

Working...
                X