No announcement yet.

Mk7 gti pp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, for autoX at least they seem to be quite adequate.....
    Now
    2016 MKVII Golf GTI PP Night Blue Metallic
    Previous
    2011 MKVI GTI, Deep Black Metallic

Comment

Now
      Previous

Comment

So 1.5 month and 7300(!) miles later I am still pretty happy with the car....now I guess its almost time for winter tires...

Now
        Previous

Comment

So much cocaine....

Now
          Previous

Comment

Great pictures, great write-up! Do you ever get any rubbing with the 245s? Did you have to use any spacers or whatnot to clear the calipers on the front? How much better/more fun is the LSD compared to the open dif MKVI?

Silly question - why didn't you get more performance oriented winter rubber? Tread pattern looks like Altimax Arctics(?) Those are great, don't get me wrong, but they are squishy! With that said, how much better is winter traction with the LSD + winter rubber?
            2007 GTI, 2005 TSX, 2013 Escape

Comment

Originally posted by JCJetta View Post
              Tread pattern looks like Altimax Arctics(?)
              So I have to be honest with you, when the winter picture was first posted I looked at the thread pattern in the snow tracks for a while trying to determine what type of tires they were. I gave up. I think its awesome you dared venture a guess with such limited information. Youre a better man than me.
              Your friend Raven
              92 Corrado VR6t
              05 Audi A6
              90 Miata (because racecar)

Comment

Originally posted by JCJetta View Post

Silly question - why didn't you get more performance oriented winter rubber? Tread pattern looks like Altimax Arctics(?) Those are great, don't get me wrong, but they are squishy! With that said, how much better is winter traction with the LSD + winter rubber?
                Because he bought them from me for a good price a few years ago. At least I'm assuming they are the same tires, as they are the same wheels.
                -Joe-
                -'16 STi
                -2004 RX8 - Build Thread
                Former VW's- '10 Sportwagen TDI, '07 GTI Fahrenheit, '04.5 GLI

Comment

Originally posted by corrado-correr View Post
                  So I have to be honest with you, when the winter picture was first posted I looked at the thread pattern in the snow tracks for a while trying to determine what type of tires they were. I gave up. I think its awesome you dared venture a guess with such limited information. Youre a better man than me.
                  I used them on one of my older MKIVs are few years back. Amazing in snow. Like marshmallows on dry freeway speeds.
                  2007 GTI, 2005 TSX, 2013 Escape

Comment

Originally posted by AkursedX View Post
                    Because he bought them from me for a good price a few years ago. At least I'm assuming they are the same tires, as they are the same wheels.
                    I replaced them with another set of the same thing. I really am just looking for snow tires, and the used one was good enough to convince me for a new set. Besides they are also very well priced.

Snow traction was very good from the dumping we had 3 weeks ago. I was quite impressed how much better it is. PP in general has been great.

EDIT on the 245s:

No need for any spacer or anything. The wheels they are on are ET45, but plenty of room either way especially since 245/40/17s are actually a shorter tire than the stock sizing. Caliper clearance is tight with 17s in general with wheel weights, but so far all 3 sets I've had on the car has had no issue...
                    Now
                    Previous

Comment

Working...
                    X