TEST

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iOS 8 update: do it or wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just update already you old farts.


    Now Yosemite, I'd be a little bit more concerned about. I've been running them both since beta and iOS8 wasn't too buggy overall, but OSX 10.10 was, and still kind of is. The new handoff features and like your phone ringing everywhere now though is pretty neat.
    90 Audi Coupe Quattro 20vt
    08 VW Touareg - VR6
    14 Audi A7 - TDI
    17 Audi allroad

    Comment


    • #17
      When is wifi calling going to happen?
      Greg

      Comment


      • #18
        wifi calling is coming to 5s and 6 models whenever your carrier supports it. already working on t mobile. it has changed my life.
        Mike
        2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
          wifi calling is coming to 5s and 6 models whenever your carrier supports it. already working on t mobile. it has changed my life.
          Isn't that like FaceTime and Skype, in a way?
          Brian
          1986 MKII Golf diesel (v-pud)

          1999 B5 Passat Wgn 1.8T (Farfegcouger)
          2010 MKV Jetta TDI (wife's)
          2013 MKVI Golf 4Dr 2.5

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Nowheat View Post
            Isn't that like FaceTime and Skype, in a way?
            not really. it just lets your phone do phone things (including regular SMS to non-iPhones) over wifi. there's a different high quality call technology (not VoLTE) that t mobile has implemented as well that is similar to FaceTime audio in quality.
            Mike
            2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by eatworksleepdie View Post
              I highly suggest you Don't upgrade your 4s to iOS8. Lisa did and her phone ran dirtass slow. It was horrible. So she was basically forced to get a new phone. It was real bad.
              Good to know, thanks!

              I was kind of thinking about picking up a iPhone 6 anyways, and from what you guys are saying.....sounds worth it

              Comment


              • #22
                It's totally worth it to upgrade. I have the 6 Plus and don't find it to be excessively large, though I do have big hands. even on the regular 6, the only real complaints I have heard is people with small hands who can't reach everything. I think these are generally people who just enjoy complaining. either way, I think the larger screen makes any small inconvenience with regards to reaching the corners worth it.

                the secret advantage of the 6 plus is battery life; I never have to charge it during the day. If you're coming from the 4S you probably don't know the battery woes of the 5/5S, but the struggle to make it through a work day (let alone the evening/night) was real.
                Mike
                2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

                Comment


                • #23
                  do you carry a murse to fit your 6+? Serious question. Almost went 6+, but didn't want to break it in my pocket.
                  Greg

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bailey1320 View Post
                    do you carry a murse to fit your 6+? Serious question. Almost went 6+, but didn't want to break it in my pocket.
                    haha nope. My pockets have no problem holding it, and I tend towards slim fit pants/jeans. I generally have it out of my pocket when sitting (it's on my desk next to my keyboard ATM) but it's not uncomfortable for me or damaging for the phone to leave it in my (front) pocket. I was worried about the bending thing but that is way overblown, mine is totally, definitely, absolutely not bent after well over a month of pocketing.
                    Mike
                    2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I hope i don't regret not getting the +
                      Greg

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
                        wifi calling is coming to 5s and 6 models whenever your carrier supports it. already working on t mobile. it has changed my life.
                        I have had WiFi calling with t-mobile for years, I love it. Local calls from mexico, canada, etc, not a problem! even phone calls and text while on an airplane.
                        '98 Beetle: PURPLE ---'03 Jetta TDI: my new daily --'01 GTI VR6: my new toy --'75 CB550F: Cafe Frankenbike ---'82 XV920: The Cruiser ---'99 Ninja 250 ---'00 KLR685

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
                          It's totally worth it to upgrade. I have the 6 Plus and don't find it to be excessively large, though I do have big hands. even on the regular 6, the only real complaints I have heard is people with small hands who can't reach everything. I think these are generally people who just enjoy complaining. either way, I think the larger screen makes any small inconvenience with regards to reaching the corners worth it.

                          the secret advantage of the 6 plus is battery life; I never have to charge it during the day. If you're coming from the 4S you probably don't know the battery woes of the 5/5S, but the struggle to make it through a work day (let alone the evening/night) was real.
                          I haven't seen the 6+ in person, but I've only heard it's huge.

                          I saw a 6 though and thought that was like the perfect size phone & a HUGE step up from my 4s. I'll have to start shopping I guess

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Just downloaded update iOS8.1.1. Now you should load that too! Has more fixes for past gen phones.
                            Matt
                            DCC #0
                            ...we all started out with the same tools dream it, build it, breathe it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I just hope it loads my keyboard all the time now. frequently it wouldn't show a keyboard in spotlight or messages. no way to restart spotlight but I would have to kill messages and start over. I use swiftkey for what it's worth, it is so much better than the stock keyboard.
                              Mike
                              2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X