No announcement yet.

Streaming Media Players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another vote for chromecast. i have one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom. the only way i would consider upgrading would be getting a jailbroken apple tv, but that's an investment at $200+. Black friday deals, you can get a chromcast for $24.

Also, if you want a laptop, HP has some less than $300 with Windows 8 (in other words, not a chromebook or internet based OS). would be good enough to stream to the chromcast, post on mive, and browse ebay for a corrado injector :P
    Greg

Comment

I have a jailbroken apple tv and a roku. We use the Roku more but love to airplay to the apple tv from our phones and my laptop. The roku stick now is kind cool if you don't want anything visible. It just a small thumb drive like device that plugs into an HDMI port. Retails for $50. Roku LT is only $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
        I have a jailbroken apple tv and a roku. We use the Roku more but love to airplay to the apple tv from our phones and my laptop. The roku stick now is kind cool if you don't want anything visible. It just a small thumb drive like device that plugs into an HDMI port. Retails for $50. Roku LT is only $40.
        I have my Roku behind my tv since My tvs hang on the wall. Dont even know its there. I have two Roku 3's

Comment

My $60 Sony Blu-ray player does all the Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and YouToobs streaming I could possibly want. It replaced a RoKu that was having trouble holding HD streams.
          2007 GTI, 2005 TSX, 2013 Escape

Comment

I just bought a chromecast (sitting here next to me) our dvd player is a smart one also so I dont know if I really needed it or whatever. I do have great hopes for the new service coming out from dish that offers espn.

Comment

Was doing some reading on SlingTV today..while not an actual piece of hardware, the price and offerings look good.
              '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
              >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
              Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

is that were you watch your cable from your phone?
                Greg

Comment

^ yes it is. They just came out with a deal if you pay 3 months in advance they will give you a free roku or a free fire tv stick.
                  I signed up and am on the fence about it but happy I have espn again.

Comment

Sling TV, not Sling Box..
                    I did the free trial with my Roku XS last week. It was alright, but not worth it to me for the extra $20/mo. I canceled and started up my Netflix subscription again. If I can figure out a way to ditch my basic cable and get back on Sling TV for what I am paying now (or less - hopefully), I probably will, but Comcast is purposely pricing their bundles like they do for a reason.
                    '93steVoR6 : '92SLd : '90g6d : '58 gypsi : '59scab : '60dlx
                    >> VAG-COM & Tow Dolly For Rent <<
                    Parting Out: MK3s, Passats & Corrados

Comment

Yep- I pay for tv because it gets me faster internet. I never watch live tv
                      '81 Rabbit Pickup
                      '03 Audi TT

<--- the paper says "despite all my rage"
                      Always one rusted rounded off bolt away from success

Comment

Working...
                      X