Bluetooth OBDII Readers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth OBDII Readers

What does everyone have? They can be bought for pretty cheap on amazon and most of them have free apps for updates. I'm just looking for a basic one to read/clear codes, not looking for any kind of logging.
    -Dane-
    1999.5 Jetta GL
    2011 CW GTI
    '63 Beetle Ragtop

What kind of phone do you have?

I have a generic ELM-327 that won't pair with my iPhone, but it worked great with an app I had when I was using Android.
    Mike
    2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

Comment

I have an Android. That one looks like it would work well for me.

What app did you use?
      -Dane-
      1999.5 Jetta GL
      2011 CW GTI
      '63 Beetle Ragtop

Comment

I used an ELM 327 with the Torque app on Android but it was a bit buggy for my use. I've upgraded since but I'm running the torque app as a full time gauge cluster for real time monitoring. The elm worked fine for pulling and clearing basic OBD-II codes.
        2009 | A4 Avant quattro | 2.0 TFSI.....2000 | GTI | AWD 1.8T.....1986 | Vanagon Syncro | Soon to be a 1Z TDI
        1969 | Beetle | 1914cc Flat Four Air Cooled.....
        1960 | Beetle | 36 HP | Maximum OG

Comment

I used the Dash app. Never used it to check codes but it connected with my phone and sent OBD data no problem.
          Mike
          2001 Jetta 3.2 4-Motion (TRRRUNK)

Comment

Originally posted by youngm7 View Post
            What kind of phone do you have?

I have a generic ELM-327 that won't pair with my iPhone, but it worked great with an app I had when I was using Android.
            Correct. You can get the WiFi ELM adapter and it will work fine with iOS. It's about 20 bucks at many places online rather than the 10-15 most of the Bluetooth 327's are.

Comment

Working...
            X